Horrible wife award, right here. Adam's birthday came and went and I hardly even mentioned it!
So...a little late, but here we go.
Adam,
I'm so glad you were born 29 years ago. How could I have ever known that I would have such an amazing husband? God has blessed me more than I deserve with you and I'm so thankful you're the one I get to spend my life with. If Sutton could, he would tell you the same...he loves you so much and you're the most wonderful daddy to him. We love you and hope you had a fantastic birthday! Here's to your last year in your 20s.
Adam's birthday was on a Monday, so he had to work all day. While we were at the Y that morning, Adam's (and my) friends Luis and Ryan texted asking about what I'd planned to celebrate. I told them we were just going out to dinner that night, so they decided to surprise Adam by showing up at the restaurant.
When Adam got home from work, I had him open his present. He'd sent me a link to a silk-screening starter kit a few weeks ago, so that's what I got him. No surprise there. He and Sutton opened the box and...
...it was the wrong thing. The company had made a mistake and shipped us a bunch of ink that was supposed to go to Atlanta. Almost double the amount of $$ that I'd paid in ink. Bummer. But we got it all straightened out and his kit came in the mail yesterday.
Adam chose to go to Pei Wei for dinner, and for once I didn't argue, since it was his birthday and all. I'm just not a huge fan of Asian food, and it's like his favorite.
We ordered our food and started eating. I was facing the door and saw Luis & Val and Ryan & Melinda walk in. They took FOREVER to order their food at the cash register and I had to just sit there and act like nothing was going on. Finally they came over and surprised Adam. They ate with us and then everyone came over to hang out and play a game. And Sutton kept calling Ryan "Rhino." Ha. Here's a photo of my yummy edamame. For not liking Asian, my meal was really good!
Happy birthday Adam Dreher! You're my favorite!



No comments:
Post a Comment