Tuesday, November 6, 2012

October Randoms 2

A little late, but...here is the second half of October happenings.


I came home from a photo shoot one evening to flowers that my boys had cut from the yard and a sweet note. Love them.


Sutton brings home crafts and drawings each time he goes to Kids Day Inn. Usually they do something with a letter of the alphabet. I believe he was the only one who glued the F backwards on his fish...


We stopped at Hobby Lobby one day after we were at the Y to pick up supplies for his Halloween costume. We browsed around a bit, and Sutton found these fake succulent plants that he carried around for awhile and kinda threw a fit about putting back before we left. He's since become obsessed with Hobby Lobby and sometimes asks if we can go when we're leaving the Y.


My cute Panera date one evening.


After Panera, we got ice cream and had a fun time eating it and snuggling on the couch before bed time.


We had to take lunch to Adam's class one day for a prize that some of the students had won. Adam wanted Sutton to show off his sweet dance moves, so he put some music on and Sutton taught the kids how to properly hokey pokey.


I went to a baby shower for Adam's cousin's wife and they had these super cute cupcakes that Adam's other cousin had made. I loved them! The whales are so cute.


A couple weeks ago, I had to make a whirlwind trip up to Kansas City for an engagement session. I'd had to photograph a birth here in Wichita that same morning, so we weren't able to leave for KC til around 11 or so. My co-pilot fell asleep early, ruining my plans of him napping once we got to our destination. Oh well.


Rachael was awesome and kept Sutton while I went on my shoot. We stayed with her that evening and got to spend some extra time with Baby Rowan. So sweet.




I'm a big fan of hers. She's just so sweet and cute all the time.


The next morning we had breakfast at her house and Sutton looked so little sitting at this big table all by himself like a big kid.


We walked to the park by Rachael's house and played a bit before heading home. We left KC right at nap time (I figured since he slept in the car on the way up, I'd take advantage of that and let him sleep in the car on the way home). BAD IDEA. Screaming and irrational requests for the last hour of the trip because it was 3:30pm and he still hadn't napped for the day. Agh!


After his nap that day, we went downstairs to have some down time and play. He made himself comfortable in his toy box. :)


Rachael had fed him plain noodles and peas for his dinner while I was working. He scarfed them down! So when we got back to Wichita, I promptly bought peas. The first time I made them for him, he ate several like candy before realizing his mistake and refusing them from then on.


Listening to tunes while eating breakfast.


On our way out the door one cold morning, I told Sutton to go get a hat. Not quite what I had in mind.


Snuggling and watching Veggie Tales on a cold day.


Trying on the half-way finished Timmy costume.


Ginger and I shot my last 2012 wedding a couple weekends ago. We went out for donuts afterwards to celebrate at the Donut Whole. Mmmm....


Being cute.


Sometimes when we go for a walk, Sutton insists on walking "on his feet" instead of riding in the stroller. So we often take short little walks around the block. This particular day, we decided to bring Diesel along. Diesel would stop to sniff every little thing, and then Sutton would go over to the same spot, bend down and smell it too. It was super funny, but I guess kind of gross at the same time. Ha.

And that was our October!

No comments:

Post a Comment