Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Insta 2

Let me first warn you that I'm kind of obsessed with taking pictures of Sutton when he's sleeping. It's the only time that I can stare unabashedly at him without him telling me to stop looking at him. Ha. Here he is on our way out to Scott's new house one Saturday morning. He couldn't quite make it the whole way without falling asleep.


I stole this photo from Adam's Instagram. Scott is currently renovating his new house and Sutton helped. :)



There's this Mickey Mouse firetruck ride on the way into Walmart and every time we go, Sutton asks to ride it. We always tell him he can ride it on the way out if he's good. So now he tells us on the way in, "I ride that if I'm GOOD!" Usually we don't put any money in it, we just let him sit and play with the steering wheel. But this evening I was feeling especially generous, so I put money in. It started playing music and sirens and moving and he got freaked out and clung to the windshield like this until it stopped.


Cute little dimple hands playing with cars. I'm so glad he still has indented knuckles. :)


A few weeks ago, we had a nice Sunday afternoon, so we went on a walk at a nearby park with our friends Weston and Shae, and their baby Hunter. Weston's brother and his wife also came and their three dogs plus Weston and Shae's dog Jade. Whew. Lots of people and dogs for a walk.

                      

After our walk, we met up with some other friends - Tara and Chad and their baby Kohen - for dinner at Pei Wei and then a fly in at Adam's school. I taught Sutton how to dribble a soccer ball in the hallway while everyone else was in the gym flying.


Here's Chad and baby Kohen, falling in love with Chad's new RC helicopter. Once again Tara, I'm sorry this has happened to you too. :)


I took a picture of my to-do list one morning because I found it amusing that my to-do lists are now written in crayon on the back of coloring pages. I love being a mom.


Sutton has been obsessed with cuties (aka clementines aka tiny oranges) for a couple months, and he finally learned how to peel them himself! As long as I get it started for him. But now that he can peel them himself, he's uninterested in eating them. Of course.


Diesel making the most of my free lap one evening.


Sutton decided that putting his legs in a drawer was the best way to color.


Trying to keep busy with non-TV activities. Sutton and I strung beads on pipe cleaners and made bracelets. His only experience with bracelets thus far had been how we had to wear one at the Jumping Place we went back in January, so after we put on our bracelets, we had to go to the "Jumping Place" which was his bed.

                      

We had plenty of warning that a big snow storm was heading our way, so the afternoon before it all went down, Sutton and I played outside in the sunshine and warm-ish temps. After this photo, we took a walk around the block with our walking sticks and helped some neighbor boys who lost their baseball.


The first round of snow hit on Wednesday, the same day that sweet Izzy was born. The snow stopped and the main roads were clear enough that we were able to go visit her at the hospital on her birthday.


Wednesday night and Thursday morning, it snowed a ton. That morning, Weston texted Adam asking if we wanted to come over to go sledding since school was cancelled. They live a good ways a way from us, and while the main roads were okay if you went slow, the neighborhoods were terrible. Our car got stuck about 5 times and so Weston and Adam pushed while I drove out of the drifts. Meanwhile, Sutton was in the backseat asking questions incessantly: "Why Daddy out there? Why our car making that noise? Where we going? Why you driving? Where Daddy go? Why Weston here?" AH!



Once we made it to their house, we hooked up our sled to their 4-wheeler and sledded down their street. Sutton lasted about 2 minutes. Jade had a blast in the snow, chasing the 4-wheeler all over the place.


After Sutton and I took a break, we all got on the 4-wheeler and pulled Weston around in the sled.



The boys men sledded for hours that morning while Shae, Hunter, Sutton, and I hung out in the warm house drinking cocoa and eating blueberry muffins. We almost stayed at their house for nap time since it was so bad out on the roads, but decided to brave it and slowly made our way home.

After nap time, we got all bundled up again and went out to play in the snow. Here's Sutton in his first knee-deep snow. I set him there and he couldn't move, haha.


Then Adam got this crazy idea that it would be fun to walk to the park (3 ish blocks away) while it was still snowing to get footage of one of his airplanes flying around in the snow. So off we went. This is Adam and Sutton walking down the middle of our road which had disappeared in all the snow.


Sutton kept his little hands warm in his coat pockets.


He wanted me to model his airplane. Notice the camera mounted to the front of it. He has a Go Pro camera that gets all kinds of awesome aerial footage.


We hung out under a little pavilion to keep out of the snow that was coming down harder the longer we were there.


Here's the video we took that day:


One night before bed, Sutton had his snack in my bed while watching a movie. He wanted to hold the bag, and it made me laugh. Such a little couch potato.


I love that my boy likes to cuddle with me. It doesn't usually last long, but this day it actually did. We wrapped up in a quilt and laid on the couch together and talked about the meaning of life. :)


Another sleeping picture. I thought he looked like one of those mad cats that are all over the internet right now.


I took this of us while we were building Frosty the other day.


I just love this kid too much.


If we're feeling mean silly, when Sutton tells us something we'll say we can't understand him and that he needs to get closer and say it again. We tell him to get closer until he's nose to nose with us. Adam and I are easily amused. We think it's hilarious.


I took Izzy's newborn photos this week, and this was one of our set-ups. I'm getting more and more into newborn photos and it's been fun experimenting with new props!


The last sleeping picture of this post. On some errands this week, we grabbed McDonald's for lunch and Sutton fell asleep while he was eating. Notice the fries in his left hand and the ketchup all over his face.


Some big-ish news that you may not know unless you follow my Instagram...we bought a Jeep on Tuesday! Pretty exciting. We've been wanting one for a long time, and we finally found this one that we loved. So I'm officially a Jeep girl again. Love it.



Sutton likes to play with my makeup brushes, and one day this week, he decided he would "paint the snow" with one.


We went to Walmart the other night, and when I went to check out, Sutton begged to go play in the game room. I told him to go ahead since I could see it from where I was. I proceeded to pay and then I looked over and saw that he'd abandoned his boots in the pursuit of the arcade game. Such a silly kid.


For a Throwback Thursday, I posted this of Adam before the beard took over his handsome face. And our two dog-children. I've told Sutton about Axl in the past, and I thought it was so cool because when Sutton saw this photo, he immediately exclaimed "Axl!!" It's neat that he knows about him even though he can't remember him.


Thursday night, Sutton and I went to Subway on a dinner date at his request since Daddy was in class. He still had crazy nap-hair. And insisted on wearing his ugly Thomas sweatshirt, ha. Okay, it's not ugly, it's just kind of short on him and makes him look awkward.


February was a short month, but we obviously took a million photos anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment