Saturday, March 9, 2013

Things Sutton Says... {Supersized}

If you're friends with me on facebook, then you've read all these. But I wanted to record them here since it'll be much easier to go back through my blog and re-read these in the years to come. And just for my reference, these are sorted as most recent first, older last...dating back to last fall.


*Sutton asked me to watch him through the window as he was flying his little airplane around. He threw it in the air several times before running back into the house where I was. Out of breath, he asks "Was that amazing?"

*Sutton is running around the house like a crazy person yelling, "The train is coming! It's gonna get me! The train is gonna get me! Ahhhh!!!" Suddenly, the running slows to a walk and I hear him mutter, "That was close."


*S: "But I don't want to poop in the potty. I want to poop in my diaper."
  M: "Why?"
  S: "Cause I want to."
  M: "Why?"
  S: "Cause I want to."
  M: "Why do you want to?"
  S: "Cause I want to!"
  M: "Why do you want to?"
  S: "Cause. Cause I love it."

*S: "Mommy did God make our Jeep?"
  M: "Well the Jeep people made it."
  S: "They made it out of Legos!"

*I really only wear my hair in a ponytail to workout. Today, Sutton and I paused our workout DVD to let Diesel out to pee. When I let Diesel back inside, Sutton yells "Let's workout! I have a ponytail!"

*S: "You stay home today."
  M: "Ok I will. Do you know what I did at work yesterday?"
  S: "People's wedding!"
  Little smartie is catching on.

*Sutton likes to "call" us in his pretend phone and have whole conversations. Here was the latest:
  S: "Mommy! Answer yo phone!"
  M: "Hello?"
  S: "Hiiiiiiiiiiii."
  M: "Who's there?"
  S: "Sutton! and Mommy and Daddy."
  M: "Whatcha wanna talk about?"
  S: "Jesus loves me."
  M: "He does, doesn't he?"
  S: "Let's talk about it!"

*M: "Sutton I have an idea!"
  S: "What's you idea?"
  M: "I'll get your Cars movie and put it in downstairs and you can watch it and Mommy will work."
  S: "That is not awesome. Mommy, that is not a good idea."

*Sutton learned about knock knock jokes tonight. Here's one he made up:
   S: "Knock knock."
  A: "Who's there?"
  S: "Mommy!"
  A: "Mommy who?"
  S: "Mommy Gina!"

*This morning during breakfast, Adam and Sutton are whispering together:
  S: "Mommy, I no tell you what we do today. It's secwet."
  M: "Okay buddy. Did Daddy tell you not to tell me?"
  S: "Yeah, Daddy say secwet. I no tell..."
  A minute passes.
  S: "Flowers. It's flowers."

*This morning, Sutton told me that we need to have a "little tiny grandma baby." Ummm...?
  (Not currently having any kind of baby, which makes it all the more strange.)

*Today's Suttonism:
   As he's driving his cars around his race track, I hear him mumble:
  "Focus. I need to focus on my driving."

*Sutton's current favorite song is "Sweet Caroline" but he sings it "Super Caroline."

*This afternoon we were looking through my and Adam's dating and honeymoon pictures. About every third photo, Sutton would ask "Where Sutton go?"

*We're listening to music on my phone:
  S: "Let's do Itsy Spider."
  M: "I don't have that one on my phone, buddy."
  S: "No it's in your mouth. You have it in your mouth!"

*I sprayed perfume on myself, and Sutton exclaims: "You're a girl now Mommy! You're a girl!"

*S: "God made us, Mommy."
  M: "You're right buddy. He did."
  S: "God made Daddy and Mommy. And Sutton!"
  M: "Yep. And did you know that God loves you a whole lot?"
  S: "Yeah...I be nice to God. I no hit Him."

*Sutton's logic at 2 years old amazes me. His little RC car wasn't working (dead battery), so he went and got his Legos and told me he was going to build it a new motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment