Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March Insta 1

One Friday morning, Sutton and I had to stop at Petco to get some crickets for Adam's class's pet Draco. Sutton always loves looking at the fishies when we go. We also looked at the gerbils, hamsters, and guinea pigs. There was a goofy bird who was dancing and made Sutton laugh harder than I've seen him laugh in awhile. I took a video on Vine. Do you have Vine?



The first weekend in March, Adam left to go down to Texas for a fly-in. So Sutton, Diesel, and I went and had dinner at my parents and then spent the night there. Grandma Nancy had the great idea to use watercolors on a big paper. Sutton liked it.



Meanwhile, Diesel and Papa Bruce hung out on the couch. My dad is/was having lots of back pain due to his sciatic nerve, so he was pretty much down for the count.



Sutton was playing with some of my old dolls and rocked one of them to sleep and sang her the ABCs.


The next night Daddy was still gone, so Sutton and I went out to eat at Cinnamon's Deli (I love that place and Adam doesn't, so I always go there when he's gone). It took him a few tries to get a good thumbs up picture.







After dinner, we went to Target because I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I got several shirts and a pair of shoes. Our real mission was to get some comfy black shoes for me to shoot weddings in, but I found those at Payless. Anyway, at Target, Sutton likes riding in this kind of cart the best.


One night after Daddy was home, we couldn't agree on a place to eat dinner. So we got take out from these two. I'm a Panera girl, and Adam loves Pei-Wei.


Sutton made us "pizza" during his bath one night.


 This is one of Sutton's favorite silly faces to make. But he just looks so confused. :)


I took dinner to Luis & Val one evening last week, and got some cuddle time in with Izzy.



She's such a sweetie, but she definitely started crying for Mama as we were taking this picture. :)


Sometimes Sutton just zones out while he's watching a show on the computer. So weird. He's really into the Tutitu videos on youtube right now.


One morning I needed to photograph a couple albums out in my studio, so Sutton came with me and wanted to have his picture taken too. :)




On our weekly Thursday-night date. He's got a fake smile he can turn on and off in an instant. The lady eating next to us kept telling Sutton how handsome he was and that she couldn't believe he was only 2!


For a Throwback Thursday, I posted this photo of me holding my baby cousin back in 2003. She's 10 now. And I'm a lot more comfortable holding babies now. :)


The fort that Mommy built.


The better fort that Daddy built.





One nice-ish day, I left the back door open so Sutton could go in and out to play. He went in the backyard to throw his airplane around for while. He kept having to make sure I was watching through the window.


Playing in big boy underwear. Ain't no thang. But we went through two pairs in about an hour, ha. I did get him to pee on the potty, so it was a tiny success! We haven't done it again since.



Still playing in real undies.


Reading some books and cuddling with Mommy before bed one evening.


This was the Sunday of Daylight Savings Time. He was being very dramatic and wanted to fall asleep in the car so bad. He finally did...like this. For about 2 seconds. Then we woke him up so he would nap at home later. Poor guy.


Doing what they do.


A crazy boy after a crazy timeout-filled morning.


Daddy and Sutton laying in bed, discussing deep thoughts together.


Standoff.


The other morning, I had two bags of trash to take out, plus I was carrying some other things to the car. Sutton insisted on helping, but the bag was too heavy for him to pick up, so he dragged it to the outside trash for me. Little stud muffin.


Some prints came yesterday! I have big plans for a photo wall in our living room, but we have to sell our piano first to make room and we're dragging our feet on that. Anyone want a piano? :)



Sutton loves our Jeep. He talks about it all the time and if you ask him what his favorite car is, he'll say red Jeeps. He's gonna drive a red Jeep when he gets big. Yesterday, he wanted to "drive" it, so we let him sit in the drivers seat, and he played in there for a good 20 minutes. He would look through his "noculars" to see where we needed to go (the hospital, the Y, QuikTrip), and then he would drive us there. Then he'd climb in the back seat and tell me the Jeep needed something. What did it need, Sutton? A new battery, Mommy!



My hands get freezing while I edit photos here in my office, so I pulled out the cute fingerless gloves Ginger got me for photo shoots. They worked like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment