Thursday, May 9, 2013

Last Day of School

This morning was Sutton's last day of Kids Day Inn. He has loved going there since September and was especially excited this morning because they were going to have a last-day-of-school party.

I had decided that I would take a couple photos of him on the porch to compare to the beginning of the year, even though I thought there wouldn't be much difference.

Boy, was I wrong.


On the left :: first day :: 09.13.2012
On the right :: last day :: 05.09.2013

Whoa. I have a tiny man living under my roof.

It took us a bit to work up to getting the above photo. We started out slow...sitting on the steps and drinking some juice.


We set down the juice and I asked him to stand up to show me how big and tall he was.
"NO! I be SHORT!"


"Okay, Crazy. I took your picture short, now stand up tall!"
"I SHORT!!!!"
At least he's smiling...


"Please stand up tall?"


Then he was done and ran to the other side of the porch to hide.


"If you come stand with your backpack, you can have fruit snacks on the way to school in the car!"
"OOooooOOOoooOo!! Okay!"


"Let's put your backpack ON for a picture."
"What's dat? Eeet's a buggie?"


"Stand up child, if you want your fruit snacks! SMILE!"
Yesssssss. Got it.


"I all done. I don't want backpack onnnnnnnn."


All of that in about 2 minutes. We made it to school and he bounced all the way into the door of his classroom. He said they got to eat white ice cream, play outside, and watch the movie Cars. Sounds like a pretty awesome last day of school to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment