Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another Week

Another week down, another week closer to fall and summer being over. I'm so ready for this summer to be over...it's been too hard.

Last Saturday, Melinda, Val, and I went over to Audra's house to bead. Beading is something we've all gotten into lately and we have our little bead boxes and we all share our stuff with each other at beading parties. Fun! This is a necklace Audra was working on.

The concentration required for beading is enormous, as demonstrated here by Audra.
This girl is serious about beading. Melinda missed our first beading party, but at the second one, she got really into it and is now probably the most advanced at jewelry making out of all of us. She has a bag the size of my camera bag just for her beads and supplies. Crazy girl.
And Val looking cute and excited!

After a long morning of beading, we headed to Applebee's for lunch. If you know me, you know Mexi-Ranch is my favorite food. Even though it's a sauce. I hadn't had any in a long time, and though it wasn't really on my diet, I couldn't resist. The waitress even gave me some to take home! Here are Audra and Melinda.
Melinda's glass had some nasty white spots on the inside. Gross.
Val and I.
Then on Sunday, I went to my grandparents house in Newton for lunch. We were celebrating my Grandpa getting better (he'd been having a lot of health issues, but is doing good now!), and my mom's birthday. It's a big birthday for her this year, and I won't say how old she's turning, but it's like half a century! :) Here's my mom with my grandparents dog, Patty.
Patty was loving all the attention.
My Grandma Netta and Patty.
My Grandpa Rollie, and my cousins Hannah and Rachel. Rachel (not to be confused with my friend Rachael) is an aspiring photographer! She had her camera out to take photos of Patty too.
I thought this was cute of Patty sitting under the tree.
And I hadn't shared any pictures of my dogs lately, so I took some this morning. They're a little blurry because I didn't have much light, but I just hate flashes, so deal with it. :) Here's my little man, Diesel. His head is blurry because I was talking to him so he would look at the camera, and he kept tilting his head to try to understand what I was saying. He's so cute.

Diesel looks like a vampire dog in this one. To explain, we had Diesel first, and he's a little older than Axl. So he thinks he needs to mother Axl. He cleans his hears for him, and here he was biting at Axl's ears to clean them real good. :) I heart them.
Axl's such a happy dog.

 Me and the big guy. Pardon the lack of makeup. It's Saturday morning... :) We just got back from a walk at Sedgwick County Park. It was fun, but its hard to walk two dogs on leashes who have to stop and sniff EVERYTHING. Plus, Diesel's been having some trouble with his paws, I think we finally figured out that it's from running around at Adam's parents' house during the days because their backyard is covered in acorns. I left them at our house a few days this week, and his paws seemed to be doing better, but then after our walk today, they're all red again. Poor guy.
Adam's gone all day at a fly-in in Pittsburgh. We'd thought about going camping this weekend for the holiday, but then he found out about this fly-in, and I booked a wedding for Sunday. So no dice. I have a day full of reading, movie-watching, nail painting, and general relaxation planned. Should be nice.

Update on other things...I'd like to make an addition to that 828 post I wrote last week. While I most definitely believe everything I said, and I try to cling to that, it still doesn't make dealing with all this a ton easier. I have faith that God has a purpose, but it's still so hard to deal with these feelings of anger/pain/sadness/despair/heartbreak. And the longer things take, the harder it's getting to understand. Honestly, I thought we'd be pregnant again at this point. Things have just taken so much longer than I wanted or thought they would. I can't believe we miscarried in May, and it's now September and we're still not there. Our baby would've been here in a few months.

I hate to say this, and I don't know how to change it, but I feel like I'm turning into a much more negative person as a result of all this. I almost get angry around people who are happy, who have everything they ever dreamed of. I just don't want to be around them. I don't know what to do with that.

When I remember to keep our end goal in sight, that helps. Knowing that most likely in the next year, we'll have a baby...that really does help. But it's the times when I start thinking about what all we've been through, about how much I'm working lately, about what I don't yet have...ugh. Just so frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and He will help you through all of it...you never know when he'll surprise you! Love ya and praying for yall!

    ReplyDelete