Monday, September 28, 2009

The Helper


If you're not a dog lover, you can skip this post. Axl and Diesel are my babies for now, and I think everything they do is precious, so you should just feel lucky that I haven't posted about them every day. :)

Axl likes to help with the laundry. I always fold the laundry on our bed in a bunch of different piles...it's just easier to put it away since I'm in our room, and it forces me to deal with it if it's spread all over our bed.

Often times, Axl is laying on the bed when I need to use it for laundry. He doesn't move. So one day, I just decided to put him to use. I piled the laundry on top of him, all over except for his head. I think he liked it. I don't know if he likes it because it's warm, or if he's just too lazy and dumb to realize what I'm trying to tell him.

Now, Axl helps me with the laundry almost every week. So I decided to photograph it last week. Here we are towards the beginning of the process.


At the end when it was piled all over and on top of him. He was sleeping...ignoring me.
All curled up among the warm, fresh-scented laundry.
I know what you're thinking comes next. He gets up and everything scatters...all my folding is in vain. But alas, you don't know the extent of Axl's laziness. 

I begin putting the piles away, one by one. Into the drawers, hanging shirts and pants in closets, even leaving the room (Adam's closet is in the nursery...his clothes won't fit in mine) to put stuff away. I finally finish, and....he still hasn't moved. Look at that cute boy.
What?
And NO, putting the clean laundry on my dog doesn't make it dirty. He's sweet and clean and smells good, so if anything, he makes the laundry even better. Such a good helper.

And another quirk...sometimes in the morning, I find that my puppies are cold. I can tell this by feeling their ears. Adam leaves for work before I get up, so usually Axl takes his place in our bed (he's great at spooning) and Adam will cover him up and we will sleep that way for another hour or so. On days he's really cold, he'll stay under the covers while I shower and get ready...and only gets up when it's time to go to Grandma's house (my dogs go to Adam's parents house almost every day to run around in their backyard while we're at work). One day last week, he was looking so cute all cuddled up...it warranted a photo.
For all you who've met him and think he's crazy and has too much energy...this is the real Axl.
And not to be left out, Diesel under his blankets. He can fend for himself better than his brother, he'll go under the covers on his own if he's cold. And you better not be getting the idea that I love Axl more, because I don't. I love them equally. :) It's just that Axl does funnier things that are easier to catch in photos, while Diesel stares at him with disdain.
There's the puppy update for the week. More photos of recent events to come....

1 comment:

  1. good post! I love dogs too and have two crazy, albeit smaller dogs of my own and they do the same crazy things! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete