Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day...in the Air

,Wowza. Today was interesting.  Adam and I went out to Benton with Lindsey and her hubby Chris to her stepdad's hangar. He's a pilot and has an amazing hangar with three planes and even a little living space. We hung out, ate burgers, Adam drooled over planes, and I....took a ride in an acrobatic plane. I believe it's called an Extra, if that means anything to anyone. Lindsey documented the experience in photos, but Adam took video of the crazy flips, rolls, free-falls, and everything else that we did, so I'll have to post that after it's done.

We started with a pre-flight portrait of my eye? Not really sure...
This is Lindsey's step-dad Steve, getting everything ready. Haha.
Adam being gay.
Getting my instructions from Steve. Notice Chris in the background? He made a deal with me last night over dinner that if I went, he would go. He didn't go! He owes me. Though, he did offer to go first, but I just wanted to get it over with, ha.
Getting strapped into my PARACHUTE. Yes, I had a crash course of instructions on how to deploy my parachute, get unstrapped from my seat, and open the canopy. A little scary.

Holy cow....can't believe I'm doing this.


And safely back on the ground. Sorry, no photos of the actual flight, we were too high up.
I was really queasy, I only lasted 10 minutes before I told Steve I needed to go down. Adam had to hold me up.
And Adam has a RC plane that's almost the exact same model as the one I went up in. So here's their picture together.

No comments:

Post a Comment