Thursday, September 17, 2009

Oh, People

So I've had some frustrating comments lately. Comments like:

"Oh, so you're the one who's pregnant, right?"

and

"Wanted to make sure you're not planning on getting pregnant any time soon, so you'll be able to for sure shoot our wedding."

It's hard because obviously, these people don't know our whole situation, and obviously they're not trying to be hurtful. But how am I supposed to respond? Do I plaster a smile on my face and respond "Nope," or laugh and say "Of course not"? Do I launch into the whole explanation? Should I just break down and start crying and hope they get the hint...? :) 

It just seems like one of those lose-lose situations, a socially uncomfortable and unavoidable moment.

Hmph. Oh, people.

1 comment:

  1. People can be SO rude. All you can do is smile and say "We shall cross that bridge IF and WHEN it may need crossing." Don't let it get to you or worry about it...everything WILL work out. The beauty of pregnancy is you have 9 months to prepare.

    I guess you could take it as a backhanded compliment that you are such an amazing and fantastic photographer (which you are!!) that they want you to capture their special day!

    ReplyDelete