It's official as of today, we're in the 2nd trimester. I'm so excited about this! It's a huge milestone to make it past, especially after you've experienced a miscarriage. I know the worrying will never truly stop, but it's a relief to be "out of the woods" of the 1st trimester.
I also listened to the heartbeat this morning, and it's beating strong in the 160s. Can't wait for my next appointment on the 5th! Hopefully at that time, we'll schedule a date to find out the sex of the baby, as we should be hitting the 18-20 week mark around the end of January/early February. I can't wait to pick out paint colors for the nursery!
My dad made me a cradle for my American Girl doll (I had Samantha) when I was little, and he made it big enough that I could use it for my real baby one day. We have it sitting, waiting in the nursery. On Christmas, he also showed me that he's making a rocking "horse" but instead of a horse, it's a motorcycle! I love it, it's SO my dad. I think the plan is to keep it at their house for the baby to play with when he or she visits Grandma and Grandpa.
And Adam's dad told us on Christmas that he's making our crib and changing table! He has plans and everything. Another HUGE baby item that we needed and that will be so much more special since it will be made by Grandpa Ed. I can't wait for him to get started...I think when we start to get the baby's things, it will make it so much more real.
I'll be posting photos from Christmas, though they were taken on Adam's new camera, which I haven't quite figured out yet. Stay tuned!
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment