My dad, who's an amazing chef, did most of the cooking. He, mom, and my Grandma Norma brought all the fixin's and cooked over here. My dad working diligently in the kitchen (with the obligatory sunglasses on his head...he even had those up there during our father/daughter dance at my wedding):

You have to understand two things. First, I'm not domestic. I'm not good with kids, I don't really cook, I don't enjoy cleaning or rearranging things. Second, Adam and I are total cheapskates at heart. With this in mind, I present to you our mismatched dishes. We don't own glasses...only plastic cups we've collected over the years. No judging, please.

My mom and I hung out with the dogs while Dad was hard at work. Gross picture of me, but the little guy's cute.

Mom and Diesel. Diesel's in love with my parents, particularly my mom. Probably because she gushes all over him like a grandma should. He always wants her to hold him when she's around, so sweet. This was probably the furthest they were apart all day. :)

My plate. Yum.

After lunch, we hung out and played Scrabble. Here are my Hiebert grandparents.

Dad doesn't really played games, so he watched football/napped, while Diesel perched on top of him in the sunshine and looked out the window/napped. They're quite the pair.

Check out Diesel's legs here. Hilarious.

And Axl was, of course, busy chasing shadows on the floor. That poor dog has so much disappointment in his life. He just doesn't understand that it's impossible to catch a shadow.

We also have a tradition of going camping over Thanksgiving each year. This has been coined Thankscamping. I FORGOT TO TAKE ANY PICTURES. Sorry. Adam stayed out several nights with his brother Matt, our friend Scott, and some other people. I went out there in the evenings to hang out by the fire, but didn't stay the night. I like my bed. :) There was lots of good, campfire-cooked food and good music.
On Black Friday, I didn't wake up at 3am like last year, but Adam and I went out around 11am and scored some deals. We got a new camera and a bunch of DVDs at Target, and I got some clothes at Old Navy. And I made a stop at Coldstone for ice cream. It was so close, I couldn't resist. That was our Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment