Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Update

The Drehers had a big morning! We had a sonogram and regular doctor's appointment today and there were a lot of highlights:


{ Sonogram }

-Right off the bat, he (again) showed us that he's definitely a boy! (I'll spare you that picture...it's pretty graphic.)

-They could tell that he has lots of hair (it's the fuzzy stuff above and to the right of the arrow).


-He kept his hand up by his mouth most of the time, but we could still see his cute upper lip. :)


-We could see him blinking. We got a shot of his face, which was SO weird to see. He's really cute and has chubby cheeks! This photo is easier to make out in person, but his forehead is on the right, you can see his eye towards the top, and his nose and mouth to the left of that...his hand is still up kinda covering his mouth. The left side of his face (which is at the bottom) is covered in shadow. The second photo is the same view, just a little different.


-He weighs almost 7 pounds already! The tech said that puts him in the 90th percentile. She said if they give us a skinny bald baby from the nursery, it's not ours. :)


{ Appointment }

-From the info the sonogram showed, they moved my due date up to June 30. For their records, it had been July 3, I was just going by July 1 because that was what he was measuring at at my 10.5 week sono.

-That means my updates will be on Wednesdays now instead of Thursdays. :) And I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow!

-The belly is measuring at 38 weeks.

-I had my first internal (ew) and I'm 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced already.

-I asked about inducing at 39 weeks (so I'd have more recovery time before my first wedding on July 23) and he said that he would do that if that's what I want. That would be June 24. Depending on my progress at the upcoming appointments, we'll make that decision. We talked a lot about the different factors that go into that and the risk of c-section, so I think it's just something I need to pray about and take some time to decide.

I think that's pretty much it! It was quite an eventful appointment and I was so glad Adam was there to see everything and hold my hand through the internal exam. I've heard that they're even worse when you're actually in labor, so that'll be fun. :) And Adam's going out of town tomorrow through Sunday, so let's also all be praying I don't go into labor until at least Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment