Monday, July 26, 2010

Sutton { One Month }

My sweet baby Sutton.

I can't believe I'm finally here, doing your one month blog post. Way back when I started this blog, this was it's original intended purpose. To update everyone on my baby's latest amazingness. I'm so excited to finally be able to use it for that! It's been a long, difficult road, but I love you more than anything and would wait forever for you. You're completely worth it. Since you're a boy and will probably hate the mushy stuff, we'll move on to what you're up to at one month old.



* You sleep pretty well. We usually go to bed around midnight and you get up at 3 or 4am to eat and then again around 6 or 7am. Sometimes we go back to bed, sometimes not, it just depends on what we have going on that day.

* We've finally gotten the hang of breastfeeding without the help of a nipple shield. You lost weight right after you were born, and at first I thought I'd have to pump and feed you out of bottles. Then I discovered the nipple shield and it made my year because you finally latched on! And now, we only use the shield if you're super crabby and frustrated.



* We're going 2.5-3 hours between feedings. Sometimes longer, but we generally have to wake you up to feed you. Even if you're awake when it's time to eat, you rarely cry when you're hungry. Except at night...we let you go as long as you can take between night time feedings.

* You looooove pooping on mommy and daddy. It just shoots right out at us when we're changing your diaper. Way to go, kiddo.



* You're sleeping in our room at night, but that may have to change soon because you are so noisy in your sleep. We swaddle you, put your pacifier in, and lay you down at bed time, and even if you're awake, you keep pretty quiet. Unless your pacifier falls out, then you let me know. We've also been using a white noise machine on an ocean sound for you at night. I think I like it better than you do.

* You like to straighten your legs out when you sleep, so we usually have to wrap your long legs in a second blanket since one isn't quite long enough.



* You do SO good out in public. Most of our friends and family haven't even heard you cry. You just sleep or stare at whoever's holding you.

* We get so many compliments on how good of a baby you are, how amazingly cute you are, and how much you look like your daddy. You have his eyes and mouth for sure.

* We think your hair is strawberry blonde. I'm interested to see what color it turns out to be once you're a little older.

* Your eyes look grey right now. Which would be really cool, you know, since your middle name is Grey. And your nursery is grey. :)



* You still hate baths and getting your diaper changed. I don't blame you. The bath water isn't super warm and the wipes are pretty cold. Not too comfortable.

* You make the cutest faces and noises when I burp you. It's my favorite. You also like to cuddle into my shoulder and look at my face when I put you up there to burp.

* You love holding onto things...my shirt, my necklace, my hair.

* You love laying on your tummy.

* After our one month appointment this morning, here are your stats:
9 pounds, 9 ounces
22 inches long
Head circumference: 75th percentile (my boys and their big heads...)


* Most importantly, you are the cutest, sweetest, most amazing baby I've ever met. Your daddy and I are so blessed to call you our son!

2 comments:

  1. yay for 1 month updates! He is definitely a keeper and so so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...I want to meet him so bad!! Since Rogan was so small, he had trouble latching on, and the lactation specialist gave me a nipple shield and it was amazing how well he did!! He weaned himself off of it around 4 weeks or so...but it was more me that had a hard time with the weaning!! take care girl! I'm so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete