Wednesday morning, my mom had surgery to fix a tear on her rotator cuff in her shoulder. She fell off a ladder while painting her living room last year, and has had shoulder pain ever since. When the surgeon got in there, he found that the tear was minimal and to repair it would've caused more damage. They did, however, find that she had a bone spur, which was most likely causing most of her pain, and they removed that. It was a best case scenario type of thing because if they would've fixed the tear, she would've had a 4-6 month recovery, but with what they ended up doing, it will be more like a 4-6 week recovery. Awesome!
Mom's taking at least two weeks off to recover. Sutton and I went to stay with her today to help out and drive her to physical therapy. I, like the awesome photographer I am, forgot to take any pictures of Sutton and his Grandma together. Great. I did take a few other photos though.
The morning started off with me helping Mom wash and dry her hair. Meanwhile, Sutton hung out in the bathtub, and the dogs were very interested in him.
Then my Grandpa Rollie and Grandma Netta came over to goosh all over Sutton and see how big he's gotten. They really really love him. Really. It's cute.
Rory tried to be cute so he could get some of the attention. No dice.
After lunch, we went to physical therapy. Mom did great, and her therapist was impressed by how mobile she was, and how little pain she had. Meanwhile, Sutton and I stayed outside where Sutton tested how loud he could talk while in a quiet waiting room. He also made friends with two older ladies...one guessed he was 7 months and said "He'll be walking any second now!" and another guessed he was 9 months. Nope, just 4 1/2. I love my big boy.
When we got back to the house, my Grandma Norma came to visit. She held Sutton for a long time before it was nap time. I think he likes her. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment