Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving {2010}

As is tradition, Adam participated in Thankscamping this year out at a campground north of town. Adam's brother Matt and his friends started this tradition several years ago, and I used to brave the cold too, but no more. Last year I had the pregnancy excuse and this year I had the baby excuse. I'm super glad I didn't have to sleep in the cold this year!

Sutton and I had fun at home watching Say Yes to the Dress, cleaning house, having a dance party, and we even had a sleep-over! 

Thursday morning before we headed to my grandparents house, I bundled Sutton up and we stopped by the campground to hang out for a bit. Sutton kept making weird grunting noises, so we went inside a heated cabin nearby, and he stopped. Then when we went back out, he started grunting again. It was freaking me out, so we ended up leaving after just 15 minutes. Apparently my baby grunts when he's cold?

Scott, the mountain man giving me the evil eye.

We had our big, awesome meal at my grandparents for lunch. Sutton wanted some of the food....sorry baby. Maybe next year.


My beautiful mom is still doing great after her shoulder surgery the week before.

Grandpa thought Sutton might like some pumpkin pie.

After lunch, all the girls gathered around Sutton and he yelled and squirmed around for us.

These are my three cousins, Rachel, Faith, and Hannah getting their picture taken with Sutton.
It was really warm in their house, so after all the playing, we stripped the baby down and he took a naked nap. :)

We had to leave a little early so we could stop by the celebration that was going on at Adam's parent's house. We weren't there for long, but we took a couple photos. Here's me with the boy and my niece Breegan. She doesn't say very many words yet, but she loves Sutton and is always saying "Baby Duhduh!" It's super cute. She likes to pet him too. Also notice his onesie...I couldn't resist getting this at the Carter's outlet in Newton. :)

Adam's parents and us with Breegan.

HI BABY!

When we got home, Sutton needed a nap with his puppy.

The next day, we had my other grandparents over to our house for lunch. We all cooked (I barely did, but I peeled potatoes and put them in a pot with water! It's a start!), and had another great turkey dinner.

Happy First Thanksgiving, Sutton baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment