Well it's official, I'm in my upper 20s.
I had a really hard time with this one, but a lot of my friends (and my hubby) are older, so I didn't get much sympathy.
But despite my new senior status :) I had a really great birthday!
Sutton let us sleep in...and then we headed to my parents' house in Newton. Michael and Sara were still in town, so we spent the day all together which we normally only get to do at Christmas. What a treat.
My parents had out a tub from my wedding to keep drinks in ice, so we decided to use it for a little pool for Sutton. He loved it!
And Sutton was showing off his crawling skills to the fam. He also got to play with some wooden cars my dad made for him before he was born.
Then we had a delicious lunch of grilled Thai chicken. SO good.
And, as is tradition in the Funk family, we had Bonnie Butter cake for my birthday. Hands down, the best cake that exists. We only get it on birthdays, though I don't think I got any for mine last year!
Mom and Michael discussing the sizes of the pieces. Very important.
So, 5 years ago on my birthday, Michael tried to ride his bike up the trunk of this tree and jump off...breaking a knee in the process. I remember it was 5 years ago because it was about 4 days before my wedding and he had to usher guests down the aisle on a crutch!
Sutton kinda ruined this one...
Just before we left, we went inside to play with Michael and Sara's gift to Sutton for his first birthday - a 4-wheeler! He loves it.
But he thinks his legs need to go up on the seat.
Then we headed back home because Adam had a surprise date planned! He had found a babysitter to come watch Sutton for the night, and we headed out to dinner at Olive Garden and Pirates of the Caribbean 4 in 3D at the IMAX theater. Super fun, and lots of husband points!





















No comments:
Post a Comment