My dearest baby Sutton -
Can I still call you "baby" now that you're one? I can't believe it.
Today, on your first birthday, I keep thinking about the past year and how much you've changed, how much you've changed your Daddy and I as parents and as people. I remember the day you were born as if it was yesterday, and now we've been through a whole year together and I couldn't be more in love with you!
When we brought you home from the hospital, we had no idea what we were doing and everything was so surreal. We slowly learned how to care for a baby, and our lives were never the same.
Each day has brought something new: you learned to smile, learned to laugh, learned to put your own pacifier in, rolled over, crawled, started pulling up. We just watch you in amazement and laugh at all your silly antics. I never thought I could be so enthralled with such a tiny human!
As you've grown, you've developed some definite personality traits that are alllllll Sutton. We love your crazy noises, your fake laughs and coughs, your "old man face," how you stick your tongue out all the time, and how your lips get pouty and your cheeks get huge when you're concentrating.
You are just the most handsome thing I've ever seen. You look so much like your Daddy, so you're obviously my type. :) I will try not to give you a big head. Well...you know what I mean. :)
It's hard to think that you're not a baby anymore, I'm sad to know that soon I won't be able to hold you like a baby or have you fall asleep on my chest, and it's hard to know I won't be nursing you much longer. But I'm so excited to get to know your personality even more, to hear you talk, and see you walk around. I can't imagine that any other little boy could ever be more amazing than you, and each day just gets better.
Your Daddy and I wanted you so much, and for so long. During that time when we were waiting for you, I always imagined myself as a mom to a baby, but I couldn't really visualize past that. Well now it seems that we're into the unknown and I couldn't be happier. You're such a special little boy, and I feel so grateful to be your Mama!
You are the love of my life and I can't imagine this world without you. I hope we stay best friends even when you are older and leave us to start life on your own. Until then, I can't wait to see what's in store for us on this journey. It's just the beginning.
I love you, little man. I can't believe that God chose to bless me with you.
Love, Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment