Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sutton's 1st Birthday {The Party}

Sutton's party was...

...not perfect.

He wasn't in a great mood. :(

I'm still glad we did it and I'm glad that everyone came. I wouldn't have done anything differently if I had to do it over. But he's a 1-year-old, and he's teething, and he's very attached to me. So pretty much the entire time, he wanted me to hold him. I was sad that other people weren't able to hold him and play with him, but I guess what can you expect with over 25 people all in close proximity.

When it came time for the cake smash, I had high hopes. I figured he'd love cake. Thanks to our friend Luis for taking these photos so I could enjoy the moment and Adam could video.




He's not a baby who puts everything in his mouth, so at first he just played with it but didn't taste any.


So I had to help him out a little.


Hmmm............


Try again?




He wasn't excited about the frosting, so we tried a little cake.


Commence shuddering...



"MOM! Why are you forcing me to eat this amazing tasting cake? I can't beLIEVE you'd ever want me to try sugar, what kid in their right mind likes SUGAR?!?!"



"Somebody please help me!!"



A little more?



"I'm mad. At you, you, and YOU."


So we brought out the puffs to make him happy because he loves those.


Puffs always make everything better.



We tried for a nice family photo. Not happening.



And the cleaning. He just couldn't handle that.


The WORLD WAS ENDING.

 


I think he was fine, but then remembered what had just transpired.


But we'll be fine.


We distracted him by opening gifts. That put him in a good mood for awhile.


So many cousins.

 


After the party was over, we put Sutton in jammies and he got some bouncing in with Uncle Matt before he went down for a nap. We all needed one. :)


So, we tried. I think next year will be better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment