Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sutton's 1st Birthday {The Birthday Breakfast}

Before I begin, let me just start with a side note: today was the first day I started to try to wean Sutton. It's hard.

I changed my game plan from what I said in his 12 month post...I decided to take out the morning feeding first instead of the afternoon one because it's easier to replace the morning feeding with breakfast foods, whereas the afternoon feeding is more of a snack and helps him nap.

But that meant that I went from bedtime the night before til 2pm the next day. I was in pain. Ugh. I hope tomorrow's better, but I'm not sure how long it'll take for my supply to start going down.

AND...baby doesn't like cow's milk. I even tried giving him a bottle and a cup with half my milk and half cow's...no go. Maybe we'll need to get used to bottles from Mama in general before we try the cow's milk again. We'll see.

Okay, on to the real post...

I decided that it would be fun to have a birthday tradition with each of our kids. With Sutton, I decided we should go out to breakfast each year on his day. So we had our first annual birthday breakfast at Jimmy's Egg.

In the car on the way to breakfast...he totally looks like he just woke up. :)

 There's a smile!

The most exciting part of our breakfast was that Sutton got to have his first meal ordered at a restaurant...a scrambled egg! He ate part of it and also ate some of his Daddy's fruit.

Making his infamous "old man face."



He's a little fascinated with fingers...Adam has a fake finger that you can slip over your real one for a magic trick he used to do. Well, now Sutton thinks he can pull fingers off any time. We may have messed up him for life with this one. I think in the photo above, he was just interested in Adam's bandaid.




Trying some cantaloupe.

And some honeydew...


I'll post both photos our waitress took because one of my boys messed up each one. Sigh.


 

We ran a few errands afterwards and he was already tuckered out, so he slept. With his jelly.

1 comment:

  1. What a big boy! Happy birthday little man!
    When your weaning if it starts to hurt before his next feeding you can pump just a little to releave some pressure. You don't want to be in missery!

    ReplyDelete