SUTTON!!! You're 17 months old! You're a little man now! Here's your monthly photo, this time I enlisted Daddy's help since last month's didn't go so well.
Sutton, at 17 months:
*You love to walk and climb and run and jump. You are all over the place. You think it so fun to wrestle and jump on us.
*You're so in love with your dad. You prefer him over me and you want to be just like him. It makes me sad, but I keep telling myself it's just a phase because you've gone through an only-wanting-mama phase too. We'll see. You copy lots of things he does which is really cute.
*You have several words, including water (still sounds like agua), uh oh, blankie, mama, dada, Diesel, cracker. A new favorite (of ours, not yours) is please. We really have to have something you want, and we have to ask you like 15 times, but then you'll finally sometimes say "peass?" It's like a little hiss almost, ha. One day, we went back and forth saying "ba-BY!" to each other for about a minute.
*You understand so much. If we're playing downstairs and I ask you if you're hungry, you run over to the stairs to go up to the kitchen. When we're upstairs and I tell you that you need to be changed, you go over to your room and wait by your changing table. We have to spell around you alot. You know, like when we're trying to get out of the house and I ask your daddy to pack an s-n-a-c-k. :)
*Bath time typically goes well until it's time to wash your hair, then you hate it. You refuse to sit down in the tub, and have for several months, so I always have to stand in there with you to get the job done. You like to stomp your feet to splash.
*You're still in a size 4 diaper, but I just bought some 5s to start wearing at night because we have a lot of pee at night and your clothes are usually all wet in the morning.
*You wear sizes 12-18 months.
*You're into hats lately. You found a hat of mine you like to wear around while you're playing, it makes you look like a little British baby from the turn of the century, haha. I need to get a photo. On Thanksgiving, we left you overnight with your grandpa (more to come on that) and when I came home the next morning wearing a stocking cap, you ran and hugged me and had to point to my hat a bunch.
*I feel like we need to cut your hair again already.
*You love to laugh and squeal. You're really good at cracking yourself up, especially when you're tired.
*You're such a good little dancer. You dance to the Backyardigans obviously, but you also dance in the car to the radio and sometimes when our cell phones ring, you dance to them.
*You still love airplanes and puppies. You point out both things before I even see them sometimes.
*You still take two naps each day, though you can be flexible and take one sometimes if our schedule is weird. You go to bed around 8pm and sleep straight through til 7am or so.
*You like to play with my makeup while I'm getting ready in the morning, brushing the brushes on your face and touching the eyelash curler to your eye. I think you probably should start watching your daddy get ready instead of me...
*As evidenced in the photo above, you love to point, and even double-point. A lot of times, you point at nothing.
*You started drinking juice this month. Apple juice is the fave. We usually water it down unless we're driving and stop somewhere for a drink. You love the Tummy Tickler's brand that have fun toys on the spout. You found them in Dillons today without me noticing, so I had to buy it for you.

*I see this face a lot throughout my day...dirty face, looking up with those beautiful brown eyes.
You are my beautiful, amazing boy! I love when you let me rock you to sleep and I just start at your face and thank God for the privilege of being your mom! Love you sweetiepie.






No comments:
Post a Comment