Adam's sister Jessica heard about this Thanksgiving Day 5k that she thought we should do as a family. So (almost) the whole Dreher clan and my mom signed up, and we've decided to make it a tradition! We had several of our friends do it as well.
I didn't take a ton of photos because I didn't bring my camera since I was going to be walking. Before we left, I took a few of Sutton in his awesome race shirt.
He was warming up for the race by running to give his daddy a hug. :) If I haven't said it before, it is the CUTEST THING to see the bond between my husband and son. I love them separately, and I love them together.
The rest of these are from my phone, so they're itty bitty, but you get the jist. Here's the whole group of us just before the start of the race, and then Adam and Sutton and I on the right.
My mom and I on the left. Adam ran with Ryan, Melinda, and Luiswhile pushing Sutton in the stroller (all bundled up and ready to go on the right). My mom and I walked with Val. The rest of the family walked and ran in small groups.
After the race, they had soup and muffins for runners, so we partook in that and then headed home so the wee lad could nap. We went over to Adam's parents for a late afternoon Thanksgiving meal. Then we played for awhile in the backyard with all the cousins and dogs. Here's Sutton with two of his cousins.
After dinner, we headed out to Scott's land to begin Thankscamping, as is our tradition. Adam's dad agreed to stay overnight at our house with Sutton so I could actually stay out and camp for the night. It was so fun! I haven't gotten to stay out for the past 2 years, and we had some great weather, so it was perfect. Luis & Val and Ryan & Melinda joined Adam & I, Scott, Adam's bro Matt and his girlfriend Shay this year. A great group to camp with. The guys cooked lots of awesome food over the campfire, we played cards in the tent, and drove Scott's Gator around. Didn't take a lot of photos, but here's what I have. Our campfire on the left, and Sutton with some cheetos on the right. He is obsessed with them now.
Val, Melinda, and I hanging out by the fire trying to stay warm.
We have one more Thanksgiving celebration with my side of the family on Sunday, can't wait. I love the holidays!











No comments:
Post a Comment