Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 29

Well, I had a birthday this week. 27. I don't know about that. That's definitely "upper" twenties, even if 26 wasn't. :)

But alas, I had an amazing birthday thanks to my wonderful hubby. I took some photos along the way so I could blog about it, but they're only phone photos.

Sutton started my birthday off right by waking us up at 7am. Now I know 7am isn't that early, but he'd been sleeping til 8 or even 9:30 lately, but oh well. I shoved Adam out of bed to go get him and bring him into our bed so I didn't have to get up quite then. Then this happened:


We dragged ourselves out of bed and went to breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. That's kind of becoming our birthday tradition around here, doing breakfast out.


Chowing down on Daddy's cottage cheese.


We took a family photo outside the restaurant...ended up being the only one we got of the 3 of us that day.

After breakfast, we went home and Adam washed our cars while I sat out in the driveway with Sutton. I kept yawning so Adam told me to go take a nap. I said "But then I'll miss part of my birthday! ...okay, maybe just an hour." :) So I laid down and TWO HOURS LATER, I ran outside and said "Why did you let me sleep so long?!" It was okay though because it wasn't even 11am.

We jumped on our bikes and rode over to Adam's parents house to see Adam's sister Shelly before she left to go back to Alabama on Wednesday. We hung out there awhile and then biked to QuikTrip for my birthday Dr Pepper. Mmmm.

Once we got home, Adam had Sutton give me my present. Sutton brought me a little envelope. I opened it and it was a gift certificate for a massage! Wahoo! And then Adam said it was for that day at 1pm (less than an hour away). :) Love him. While I went to shower from my bike ride, my boys snuggled on the couch and were being extra cute.


After my massage, I stopped by McDonald's for my favorite...a caramel frappe and chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm again. Sutton was still napping when I got home (he ended up taking a 4 hour nap that day) so I was able to take a hot bath to get all the oil off from the massage. We got all dressed up and took Sutton to Adam's parents house so they could watch him while we went on a date. They surprised me and had cake and ice cream waiting. So we had a little appetizer before our dinner. :)



Adam's sister took a quick photo of us before we left to go on our date.


We went to Olive Garden, and Adam had another surprise in store. He'd invited two of our other couple friends to join us! This is the girls' side of the table. Me with Val and Risa.


After dinner, we stopped by Target to get me a cardigan because #1 I always get cold in the movie theater (which is where we were heading next) and #2 I needed another cardigan. Oh, and #3 we bought candy because movie theater candy is ridiculously expensive.

Then we continued on to the theater where another one of our couple friends joined us, and we all watched Men in Black 3. It was really good! Here's Risa and I before the movie started and before she had to pull out her teacher-voice on the teenagers behind us who wouldn't stop giggling. Ha!


It was the perfect birthday! I couldn't have planned it better myself. Love you Adam, you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment