Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sidewalk Paint

I'd seen this pop up several times on Pinterest, and I'm always trying to find fun things for Sutton and I to do, so I finally decided to try mixing up some sidewalk paint, and it was a success! Here's the recipe for anyone who wants to try:

Sidewalk Paint
2 T cornstarch
4 T water
6-8 drops food coloring (I used the gel kind and just put a good squirt in there)

It's that easy! I will say that when we started painting, I was disappointed with how transparent/watery looking it was, but as soon as it started drying, that was a moot point. Pretty opaque. But you gotta keep stirring it as you go to keep it all mixed up. I took a few photos on my phone, as I didn't want my nice camera to get splattered with paint. That was a good call since Sutton ended up going straight into the bath when we were finished, and my clothes had a few, ahem, colorful additions that weren't there when we started. :)






As a not-quite-2-year-old, he soon was bored of the painting (I probably liked it more that he did), and he got up and started dancing and trying to get me to give him piggy back rides. I tried for a cute photo...no such luck.



And of course, I instagrammed about our fun, so here's that photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment