Friday, May 25, 2012

Sutton {23 Months}

You turned 23 months old yesterday, sweetiepie! Next time we do this, you'll be TWO! AH! :)


You were at daycare yesterday all day and then our evening was jam-packed and it was after bedtime when we got home, so there was no way to take your 23 month photos yesterday. I digress. At 23 months, Sutton...

*You're stubborn! Since you're the product of two youngest children who have stubborn tendencies themselves, I guess we couldn't expect anything else. :)

*You have an amazing sense of humor. You do things just to make us laugh, and we're laughing all the time. You have silly faces you randomly make, crazy noises that you repeat over and over and over.


*Your favorite thing to say right now is "Go away!" That's a remnant from the Sadie days. It's frustrating because you say it to us all the time, to other people, to anything that frustrates you. Even when you don't mean it.

*You've gone through an I-will-eat-nothing-and-starve-myself phase and a oh-my-gosh-I-will-inhale-everything-you-put-in-front-of-me phase in the past month. Overall, you do okay with eating, but you definitely tend to like food that's bad for you over healthy stuff. Except grapes. You love grapes.

Peanut butter face at breakfast this morning. 

*You love chocolate milk and you call it "Mo."

*Ginger has been teaching you some signs, and I love it when you use them unprompted. Mostly you just use the signs for Thank You and More. But you also know Please and Sorry.

*You've begun having manners. You will say "Cue me!" (excuse me), "Sowwy!" (sorry), "Ee oo go!" (here you go). It makes me laugh.

"Chee! Chee, Mommy!"

"Wa wa?" No thank you, baby. Wa wa means three things in our house...waffle, pacifier, water. 

"Mmm...yummy!" 

*You've been sleeping until 8 or 8:30am lately, which has been great. But I've pushed your naptime back to 1pm now instead of noon so you'll sleep longer. Napping has been iffy lately...you took several 1.5-1.75 hour naps this week instead of your usual 2-3 hours. It's a good thing Daddy's last day of work is today because I can't get any work done if you're always awake!

*You're obsessed with watching videos of yourself. You'll ask us to play them "Again! Again!" And then you giggle when you do something funny or loud in the video.


*We've been working on colors and shapes. You know blue and black pretty well. Mostly because you have a "boo mane" (blue plane) and a "ba mane" (black plane) that you carry around all the time. With shapes, you know heart, star, moon the best.

*You love point out tractors, cars, mowers, planes...anything that has a motor you love. How does that happen? You're definitely all boy. If we drive through a construction zone and you see their machinery, you yell from the back seat "Tractor! Tractor! Bye bye tractor."


*You're still always flying your airplanes or fixing them. You find screwdrivers or things that look like screwdrivers and then you'll bend over your plane, very intent on fixing it.

*You hate wind with a passion. You get so mad at it. You yell "Go away!" and ask us to pick you up and you bury your face in our neck so you can't feel it. You just don't understand about wind yet.

 Ohmygoodness. I LOVE this photo. Sums up his personality perfectly. I asked him to put his hands in his pockets so I could take a picture, and after you got them in there, you looked at me and made this smile face and said "Chee!" without me even asking. I was dying laughing.

*You love to help. We ask you to throw things away for us and you do. We ask if you want to go help Daddy with his truck, and you'll drop everything to go do that. It's nice because we can ask you to bring us stuff so we don't have to get up. :)

*You mimic a lot. You repeat everything we say, and you get stuck on certain things. For example, last night we watched Daddy's friend launch a glider (throw an airplane that doesn't have a motor into the sky and watch it glide around). Well today, you decided one of your airplanes was a glider and you ran around the house throwing it up like Daddy's friend for a good 20 minutes.


*Your hair is completely RED. I look back at old photos where it was blonde and can't believe how much it's changed. You're such a handsome boy. You ask me to do your hair in the mornings when I do mine, and each time you wait for me to tell you that you're handsome and then you smile.

*We've started praying each night before bedtime, and you get so excited to say "Amen!"

*Diego is still your favorite show...well, it's the only show you watch. You often ask to cuddle on the couch and watch Diego on my phone. You've learned certain words from the show, such as "Click!" for when the camera takes a photo, "Zoom," to zoom out of the photo, and "Activate," with the Spanish pronunciation.


*No progress with the potty training. It's my fault, I haven't been very proactive with it. But you've begun hating having your diaper changed, which is frustrating.

*When you have to go in a time out, we usually tell you that you can come out of your room when you're done crying. You're really good about staying in there, and then when you finish crying, you open the door, come out and find us and are all happy, asking for a "Neeneh" (Kleenex) to wipe your nose and eyes.

*You push boundaries all the time. We tell you not to do something, and you stare us right in the eyes and do it again. I know you're just learning about everything, but it makes me think you're challenging us, and it's frustrating!


*You have a crazy reaction to mosquito bites. They get really red and big, and then they turn into bruises. That's what's all over your legs in these photos.

*You still love your "wa wa" (pacifier) and "mi mi" (blankie). I think we use them less than we used to, but you still ask for them a lot.


*At the Y, they've started putting your shoes in the same cubby every time. So when I come to pick you up, I tell you to get your shoes and you run over, get them out of your cubby, and bring them to me. After we put them on and go outside, you always have to climb up on this short wall and walk along it, and do a "big jump" off the end. Then we have to jump over the parking lot curbs as well. Just your little routine.

*You're really starting to know other people. You love your grandparents and talk about them a lot. You also know G and Avery (Ginger who watches him on Thursdays and her daughter Avery), Erin at the Y, and Ky who watched you on Tuesdays. You know Michael when we look at photos of him.


*You've finally taken more of an interest in books. You like us to read to you, but mostly you like to look through them (either with us or by yourself) and point out things that you recognize. You yell the words over and over until we acknowledge you. Sometimes it's hard to understand what you're saying if we're not looking at the book too (like if we're driving in the car), so it's almost like a guessing game for us to try to figure out what you mean. You're so pleased with yourself when we finally do. :)

A gnat kept flying around your face and it was making you really sad.

Today when we were taking photos, Diesel got tied to the stroller. Poor guy. 



I love this age you're at, even if it's the most challenging you've been for us so far. We love you, sweet boy!

1 comment:

  1. I love that pocket photo too!! He is so cute!! I love reading these posts!! It is so crazy how fast they grow, good thing for bloggy world for documentation--he will treasure it one day!! You are such a good mom!!

    ReplyDelete