Monday, August 20, 2012

Changes

We're making some changes at the Dreher house in efforts to transition Sutton to being a big boy. Kinda tough on this mama.

Change #1 is the big boy bed. We decided to just take one side off of his crib and lower his mattress all the way down because I absolutely love his crib that Adam's dad made him. The first night went okay, he rolled out once but wanted to go right back in with no rocking. So in my half-asleep haze, I made a soft landing in case it happened again.


He woke up another time and I'm not sure why, but when I went in, he was just sitting up in his bed and he wanted me to help him find his pacifier. He went right back to sleep after we did. When he woke up for the day, he was standing by his door waiting for me.

I put a rolled up quilt under his sheet as a sort of ledge to keep him in there and it's worked like a charm. Night #2 went great except he woke up earlier than usual.

I found this gem on my computer from a few weeks ago and it made me smile.

Change #2 is trying to get him to stop referring to himself as "Baby." He went back to daycare last week after being home all summer and had a bit of a problem with the word "baby" being used for anyone but him. And sorry kiddo, but when there's a 10 month old in the room, you're definitely not the baby.


I thought it would be an uphill battle, but after about 2 days of correcting him every time he says "Baby do it," or  "Baby's turn!" he's begun catching himself and correcting himself. I'm hearing a lot of "Sutton eat!" and "Sutton throw ball?" today. He's still working on being able to pronounce the "S" sound, so it's more like "Nunnon." Pretty cute.


We took Sutton to a new park yesterday and he had fun playing in the "fire car" and exploring all around. I love that he loves being outside. His mama does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment