Monday, August 27, 2012

Quirks {26 Months}

I don't know that "quirks" is the correct title for this post, but since I'm not doing monthly posts for Sutton anymore, I just wanted to record a few of the things he does a lot at this age.


*Sutton has started asking us to "wook" (look) or "watt" (watch) all the time. If he's doing something that he thinks we need to see or that he's proud of, it's "Mommy wook!" And he really enunciates the K at the end "wooK wooK" over and over until we pay attention.

*Adam pointed out last night that Sutton has me wrapped around his little finger. It's true. He's started wanting me to carry him more often, and I sometimes oblige because I just know that carrying him is something I will miss when I can't do it anymore! And when (or if) we have another kid, I'll have to carry that kid and Sutton won't get that attention as much. The purpose of writing this down is that when he wants me to carry him he comes up to me and puts his arms up and says "carry you?" Cutest thing.

Wants to be like Daddy. 

*I took him into the movie theater for the first time to buy some tickets for Adam and my dad to go to a movie. Even though we didn't go any farther than the ticket counter, he LOVED it and still talks about the "moomie thea."

*He likes to have us chase him all around the house and he yells "I GET YOU!!!!" even though we're getting him. Lately he's started a variation of this...he puts his head on the ground with his bottom in the air and yells "GET YOU!!" until we push him over.

We took a walk around the block one rainy day and he loved splashing in all the puddles in his rainboots.

*The kid is obsessed with mac n cheese. Probably 95% of the time you ask him what he wants to eat, that'll be the answer. He's started playing more with stuffed animals and he likes to tell us that they need to eat. We'll ask him what they want. It's always mac n cheese.

*Stuffed animals...he has two little puppies and a hard plastic turtle that he carries around all the time. He's started holding them out to me and saying "Turtle cwying." And then he holds it close to his heart and says "I hold him." He started sleeping with one of the puppies every night. So now for bedtime, we need a pacifier, two blankies, and a puppy.

Posing like his Daddy's baby photo.

*He got his first RC car last week. He loves it. It's very simple and has just two buttons. He loves driving it around the house (luckily we have hardwood floors upstairs), through tunnels, through people's legs, and out in the driveway.

*He's started playing with my hair a lot. Not sure why this came about. He likes to rake his fingers through it, or pull it, or just get his fingers all tangled up in it. We're having to talk a lot about being gentle and being nice...this is probably why a lot of moms say short hair is the way to go. I'm just not a short hair person, and I totally thought at 2 years old, it wouldn't be an issue! He makes up for it though...Adam has taught him to say "Mommy's pretty" (I melt), and so sometimes he'll tell me that my hair is pretty.

 Buddies watching Diego out in Mommy's studio.

 *He's really gotten into songs lately. He loves being sung to, though he doesn't really sing. I taught him Itsy Bitsy Spider last night and he loves it. I've had to sing it about 1,986 times since then. He tries to do the motions. He also started helping us read Goodnight Moon, which is his favorite book.

*Still very OCD about a lot of things. Things need to be put away, his shoes can't be dirty, he doesn't like food on his hands when he's eating and wants us to wipe them off between bites. Still don't know if this is something that will last or if we can break him of it. Adam and I are NOT this way. We may have to send him to live with my brother in Colorado who IS that way. Love you, Michael. :)

 He gets so excited when I make coffee in the mornings and I don't know why because it's not like he gets any. Ginger took this photo of him at her house last week having "cah-wee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment