Christmas morning started off with Daddy making pancakes while Sutton played with his moe-bycle and I took photos.
We tried for a Mommy-Sutton photo in the mirror.
Time for pancakes!
After a quick wardrobe change into Christmas jammies, Sutton was back to playing with his motorcycle. We told him it was time to open presents.
Footie pajamas!!
We made him wait and take turns so we could each open a gift one at a time to make it last longer. Here's Adam trying to act shocked about his Popular Science subscription.
He got some balls to play with outside once it gets warmer. He had to carry them all at once.
Sutton picked this gift out for Daddy. He got him a little stuffed lizard. Since Adam has a bearded dragon at his school, Sutton thought he needed one at home. Here he is showing Daddy how to hold it on the back of his hand and how to pet it.
He got a Thomas puzzle that I promptly put together for him. :)
He'd picked up this giraffe at Target two separate times and carried it around and I always made him put it back before we left. He was always so obedient about it, so I decided to get it for him.
Soap crayons for the bath! I remember loving these as a kid.
Don't want to brag but...I'm kinda a rockstar at puzzles. Lol.
Daddy got some cotton candy and shared it with his favorite boy.
Sutton's final present had been sitting in our house covered up for quite some time, so we almost forgot about it. When we were done opening the others, we had Sutton come uncover his big present that he'd been really good about leaving alone for the past week or so.
Adam's mom found this old desk for free on the side of the road, and Adam painted it and glued a track to it so Sutton could have a place to play cars, trains, and airplanes. He loves it!
The kid has too many toys...
A quick family Christmas photo in our PJs.
Then we moved the "train table" (as it's been dubbed) to its permanent location and it was back to playing. Sutton got this awesome helicopter that makes noise from Daddy.
Papa Ed and Grandma Janet came by to see Sutton later that morning and they brought him a special gift. Papa makes wooden banks in all shapes and sizes, and he made Sutton this awesome airplane bank!
There are even little pilots that you can take out, and Papa glued photos of Sutton, Adam, and my faces to them.:)
One more present from Aunt Jessica...a football! (And a mouth full of candy from Mommy.)
Thanks Papa!
We showered and took another family photo before heading to our annual Christmas lunch at the Chinese buffet. This was an outtake while I was testing my exposure, but I just have such handsome boys, I had to post it. Adam's wearing his new shirt I got him for Christmas. I think blue's his color. :)
After we got home from lunch, Sutton had to get a bit more playing in with his train table in his new jammies.
That evening, we went over to Steve and Jessica's to hang out and eat chili and let the cousins all play together. I didn't take my camera, but we had lots of fun playing Apples to Apples.
A super laid-back and happy Christmas.
Random thoughts:
*I know I take waaaaaaay too many photos.
*How different would our Christmases look if we had a girl? I can't imagine not being surrounded by trains and airplanes every day. Ha!





























































No comments:
Post a Comment