Sunday, January 13, 2013

Val's Baby Shower

I'm so excited that my good friend Val is going to have a sweet baby girl next month! Our other friend Melinda and I threw Val and Baby Isabella a baby shower this afternoon. It was so much fun...and I took lots of photos. :)



Adam and I cleaned house the entire day yesterday, and then Melinda came over last night to help decorate. She made this amazing fabric garland that I found on Pinterest and I just love how it turned out!!


Our headband-making accessories all set up.







Details.




Melinda's mom-in-law made the amazing cupcakes. I can't even describe to you how good they were. There was white and chocolate and they all had cream filling. YUM.


Melinda made a veggie pizza appetizer.




We had a Cheesy Chicken Chowder soup that is my parents' recipe from when I was growing up, and it was a success. We also had a hot cocoa bar with a crockpot full of homemade cocoa (Pinterest recipe) and bowls of marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, and cinnamon. I could've probably drank the whole crockpot full of cocoa. :)


We had everyone introduce themselves and talk about how they knew/met Val. It was funny because the recurring theme was that a lot of people had met her through Luis, her hubby. :) Then we ate, and then I had everyone fill out a little note with wishes for Baby Izzy.




Next was headband making. I pre made several flowers and had lots of little beads, bows, and feathers. I was so glad that people really got into this craft, and Val went home with a ton of custom headbands and clippies.





Little Kennedy was happy the ENTIRE time...except when I took this photo, ha. She's the sweetest little baby, and is such a talker. :)


After headbands, it was time for gifts. Melinda crocheted Val this amazing baby blanket. Everyone was blown away by how neat it was.





People had already started leaving, but I grabbed a photo of Val with most of the guests. Here she is with Helen, Kali, and Sarah.


Melinda and I with our honored guest.



With Kelle and Tonja:


With Audra on the left, Tiffany and Kennedy on the right:


Helen is moving to Australia for 2 years in July! Cah-razy. But awesome.


And Val with her sister Angela, and her mom Stacey.


Such a fun time celebrating sweet Baby Izzy. We can't wait to meet her in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment