Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Happenings 1

On the days I can't go to the Y, I try to do a workout video at home. Sutton has gotten really into "working out" with me. The first day we did it, he lasted the whole 30 minutes (on and off). Since then, I usually put a movie on for him on half the computer screen, and mute my workout movie on the other half. He only joins me when he sees me doing a particularly interesting move, like jumping. :)



That same day, I was working at my desk and he decided to bring all his cars under there into his "fort."


Cuddling with Diesel. He likes to lay in the crook of my knee.


One Sunday after church, we made a stop at Menard's and Sutton had to drive a golf cart there.


Sutton pointed at the window one day and said "Turtle! Turtle! Wook, Mommy!" It took me a second to realize he was talking about the latch that DOES resemble a turtle.


We tried the new Jimmy John's here on the west side one evening and Sutton loved it. We took the half of his sandwich that he didn't eat home, and the second we got home, he wanted to eat it.


He loves to take my glasses in and out of the case whenever he sits on our bed. He was watching a movie and decided he needed to wear them.


Date at Panera with my cute boys. They posed like this and Sutton yelled, "Picture! Take a picture Mommy!"


Pom-poms for the baby shower.


This is basically heaven for this little boy. I let him eat mac n cheese in front of the computer so he could watch his Berenstain Bears movie.


Cuddling with Daddy.


I made brownies for a workshop I had last week. I love brownies.


For a "Throwback Thursday" on instagram, I posted this photo of Adam and I when he first saw me on the night of our first prom together my junior year, his senior year. He is so great...he skipped the Winter Banquet of his senior year at his school to go to my prom at my school. That's how I knew he was a keeper. :)


I was in a bridal show at a hotel downtown last night (more on that later) and was super excited when my sign was finished. It's big...30x30...and heavy.



Saturday morning after we went to the Y, Adam had the brilliant idea of stopping by the Nifty Nuthouse for candy to ruin all the work we'd just done. :) I guess I'd rather make memories and be fat than vice versa. Kidding.       Kinda. :)


Nifty Nuthouse awesomeness.


Sutton told us on the way there that he wanted a candy sucker, but a little one not a big one, and it had to be blue. He said that over and over on the drive there. So we found him a little blue sucker when we got there, and as you can see, he loved it. His white coat loved it too and got a good washing when we got home.


Saturday evening, Sutton was watching a movie before bed while Melinda and I decorated for the baby shower the next day. I looked over at one point and he was spread eagle. Crazy kid.



Val and I at her baby shower.


Little Miss Kennedy and I at the shower. Such a sweetie.


We were at Panera Sunday night for dinner, and Adam showed Sutton how to stick his tongue through a hole in his bread.


Yesterday we were hanging out and I needed some kisses from my boy. I never thought I'd be one of those parents who kisses my kids on the lips, but I kinda love it.



He likes playing in "forts" as you can tell. I gave him and old lunchbox with a zipper that I'd filled with toys and he took it under the table and kept busy for awhile.


Yesterday evening was a bridal show at the new Ambassador Hotel downtown. It was really fun to be a part of, and I got to meet lots of other wedding vendors! This awesome reception centerpiece was done by JR Koontz. So different!


Here's my booth. I took some better photos with my nice camera but haven't uploaded them yet. I may do another post with more photos of that. The space was a bit cramped...I had a whole trunk on the left side of this photo that isn't shown. It just had another large canvas displayed on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment