Monday, June 24, 2013

Father's Day

First off, Happy 3rd Birthday to my amazing son. I love you so much! We've taken lots of photos of the birthday celebrations so far, so that will be another post.

Last weekend for Father's Day, Sutton and Adam went camping with Adam's dad Ed on Saturday out at Toronto Lake. I had a wedding, so I joined them the next day but didn't end up camping at all...we just spent the day out there on the lake.

Adam sent me some pictures he took before I got there. Here was their camping spot.



It rained there most of Saturday afternoon/evening, so they couldn't light a fire to cook dinner. They ended up having to go to a nearby gas station and get a pizza. They brought it back to the tent to eat.



After the rain was over, Sutton had to go exploring and walk through all the puddles.

 


There was a really nice playground right next to the camp site, which was really great.

 

The three of them all slept in one tent, so Sutton had to cuddle on Papa Ed's cot before bedtime.



And play underneath it...



The next morning. Sweet guy does such a good job sleeping in the tent.



Then they had a Father's Day campfire breakfast.



Then they took the boat out for a morning ride. Papa carried Sutton to the boat.

 



There was a fun swimming area really close, and Sutton had a ton of fun walking around, swimming, and finding rocks. Adam said he didn't hesitate at all, just walked right in!

 

 

When I got there around lunch time on Sunday, Sutton and I rode on the tube to get from the shore to the boat.



We convinced Sutton (though he was whiny and unsure) to try out the tube. We all went together and went really really slow, and he ended up saying it was fun but he didn't want to do it again. :)



For some reason, he really loves to cuddle with me when we ride on the boat (when I'm not there, he acts like a normal kid and is totally fine...whatever.), so he was doing that and then fell asleep. We put Adam's wet shirt over him to keep him cool and avoid a sunburn. He slept for at least 45 minutes like this. We ended up parking the boat and holding the tube over us for shade for awhile.

 

Adam's sister and her family arrived and went out on the boat, so we swam for awhile. When they got back, we swam some more with them. We were in the water a lot and I have the sunburn on my back to prove it.


Then the three of us went out with Ed and Janet for a nice evening ride before dinner.


I took a video of Sutton driving but for some reason the sound didn't work.





We went back to the camp site and Adam made two amazing entrees. Chili and chicken with sweet potatoes. Yum.

 

Sutton and Breegan. With Corbin photo-bombing the background.



Then we walked over to the playground for a bit.


We drove home that evening, and he crashed after awhile. Poor little guy had such a big weekend and played so hard.


It's so awesome to see Adam as a dad, and the older Sutton gets, the more they become two peas in a pod. I'm glad they have so much fun together and can make memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment