We missed this guy while we were gone at the lake.

The evening after we got back from Beaver Lake, I had two back-to-back photo sessions out in the country, and it was beautiful that evening.
The bald boys hanging out.
Draco, Adam's class pet, is our summer house guest. Sometimes Adam gets him out and lets him crawl around, but usually he's in his cage, chilling on top of his log in the glow from his heat lamp.
One Saturday night after church, we went out to eat with our friend Scott. While we were waiting for our table, Sutton had to test out the arcade games. We decided to actually put money in this driving game and he had the best time. He was so terrible at it and crashed into EVERY single obstacle, but he kept yelling "I'm winning! I'm winning!" over and over. We were dying laughing.
After dinner, Scott came over and Sutton had to show him all his toys. Sutton and Diesel both love Scott.
Spending a beautiful June evening out in our backyard. This kid is so goofy.
I see this ornery face a LOT.
He loves to run and "race."
I took this video because I thought we'd think it was funny years from now.
Then we went in the front, and Daddy made a puddle in the gutter with a hose for some cheap entertainment.
They were giving me thumbs-up for potty training. This was one of the first days we started, and he was doing really good.
Sutton normally doesn't come out of his room when he wakes up in the morning or from naps. I always have to check under his door to see if the light is on...that's how I know he's awake and I'll go in and get him. This day, when I opened the door after his nap, I found him in his rocking chair with his blankies and pacifier, just rocking away.
I made a unappetizing looking smoothie that was actually pretty good from kale, cucumber, frozen blueberries, banana, apple juice, and ice.
I just love this of him.
Daddy was singing in the car and Sutton covered his ears. :)
Taking a nap with his cuddle-buddy.
Date #2. We went to see Man of Steel and then went out to Chili's afterwards. We have not yet gone on date #3.
Ginger and I photographed the wedding of this lovely couple up in Manhattan. She and I both went to K-State, so we had fun reminiscing about the town we used to live in.
I feel like everyone who graduates from K-State takes a photo in front of this sign on graduation day. I was left out because I didn't graduate. So I wanted my photo here anyway. :)
Post-wedding...ready for the drive home.
Adam found a new way of cooking eggs so they don't stick to the skillet (we don't use non-stick pans). So one morning, he wanted to see if he could make an omelet. And he did. And I got to eat the whole thing because he's not a breakfast person. (Weirdo.)
Sutton found a sweet hat at Target that didn't come home with us. The Cars shirt he's holding did.
This is where Diesel lays while I'm working. He fits perfectly in his little nook.
We went over to Weston and Shae's house one evening for dinner and to hang out. We got to practice shooting their bows and arrows in their backyard. Let me tell you, this is harder than it looks. It's like 35-40 pounds of resistance you have to pull back on this bow, and the mens' one was even more.

The boys retrieving the arrows from the target.
This poor child scraped up his knees on our walk one day, and his knees required two band-aids each. After they scabbed over, he's re-scraped them TWICE. Not sure his knees will ever be the same.
This sweet couple whose wedding Adam and I photographed last weekend were both in the youth group we helped out with at our church. Can't believe all these young-uns are getting married. I took both Josh and Hailey's senior photos, and now their wedding photos too. :)
Had to have my picture with the beautiful bride.
He tries to bite my nose...
These are just a few photos from when Matt, Rachael, and Rowan came down last weekend for Sutton's party. We tried for a photo in the backyard, but Rowan didn't like sitting in the grass.
Eating some ice with her Daddy.
We went swimming Sunday morning at the Y. They both love being in the water, but only if mom and dad are close by.
A couple Instagrams from Sutton's party.
After his party, the Clarks hung out with us for awhile before heading back to KC. We waved goodbye to them from the porch, and then just sat out there for awhile enjoying yet another perfect June evening. I decided I needed a selfie with my boy on the last night that he was 2. When I put him to bed that night, I sung him Happy Birthday and cried like a little baby. This parenting thing is so weird.
Isn't Draco cute when he sleeps? ;)
On his birthday day, enjoying his swing. It's hard to convince him to get out of the swing.
A video of him singing his ABCs. He's known them forever, and can do them all the way through, but lately he keeps starting over after he gets to G. Sometimes he says "ABCDEFG...let's try again." and then starts over. I don't know what his deal is. :)
I took some engagement photos at Botanica last week, and there was a Tuesdays on the Terrace concert going on. So while they were doing a wardrobe change, I got to hang out and listen to some great music.
Silly silly. He'd look good as a blonde, right?
Steve and Jessica had us over last week for one more birthday celebration for Sutton. They spoil him and he loves it. We had steak and cupcakes. Sutton meticulously added sprinkles to his cupcake.
Thursday morning, we went to the zoo. It was so hot. We went right when they opened at 8:30am, but didn't last more than an hour. This exhibit was air conditioned, which was great. This gorilla let us take a photo, but then turned his back and walked away. That has been my experience with the gorillas here, they always act snobby.
The red panda, a CUTE CUTE little guy.
The giraffes were eating in the ditch super close to the fence, so we were able to get up close to them.
After the zoo and some down time, we went and had lunch at Chipotle. This kid was so tired, he fell asleep in the car (at 11:30am!). So I carried him into the restaurant, and he laid his head on my shoulder and slept the whole time we were in line and ordering. Then I gave him to Daddy so I could pay and get drinks, and when I went to our table, he was sleeping on Daddy's lap. He hasn't slept out in public like that in ages!
On the way home, we saw this race car at a grand opening of a new gas station. And since Sutton is convinced he's a race car, we had to stop. He thought it was pretty darn cool, but wanted to get in.
That evening after his nap, we went to visit my grandparents who recently moved into a retirement home. Sutton had so much fun racing up and down the halls, and my grandma even ran with him a little! We left there and went to visit my other grandparents who just live across the street. Sutton loves their house because they have this cute little Sutton-sized chair.
Adam bought me some chocolate milk one night because I'm trying not to drink pop and I NEEDED something good. I thought the name was funny because I was drinking it at about midnight.
We went up to Kansas City this weekend to celebrate Rowan's first birthday. Her and Sutton's birthdays are exactly a week apart (last year, we thought Rowan might be born ON Sutton's birthday). We had to pick Rowan up from her Grandma's and take her to Matt & Rachael's since it was on our way. So our backseat was full. It was funny and cute seeing them back there together.
We took a walk to the park after supper Friday night. These two love riding in this wagon.
Saturday before the party, we hung out at their neighborhood pool for awhile. And met a dad there who has TEN kids. Ten. What?!
I am ashamed to admit that I forgot to take my camera to Kansas City. Everyone was as disgusted about this as I was. Can't believe it. Luckily, Rachael's sister-in-law and friend both had DSLRs that they brought so I could use them to document the party. I took lots of pictures (LOTS), but I have none of them. Sigh. So here are a few from my phone. Rachael did amazing with the decorations and food.
Sutton was napping up until the party, and stayed asleep even after people got there and were being noisy. We finally kinda woke him up and took him outside. He immediately zoned in on this car that Rowan got from her great-grandparents and was very possessive. We ended up having to ban him from playing with it.
Ro-bear was not a fan of sitting still to open all her presents. She got lots of fun stuff.
Then it was time for the cake smash. She didn't hate it, but didn't love it. She was pretty lady-like about it, but ate several handfuls of frosting.
After the party, we hung out a bit before heading back to Wichita. Rachael's brother Alex is always so good with Sutton. They hadn't seen each other since before Sutton's 2nd birthday, but both that time and this time, they were like 2 peas in a pod. And when I told Sutton Alex's name, he said "Alex the lion?" (reference from the movie Madagascar). It was funny.

Clear skies and a pretty sunset on the drive home.






























































No comments:
Post a Comment