He had to immediately try it out.
Since our birthday tradition is to go out to breakfast, we told him that we'd hang it in the tree as soon as we got back. So we went and had breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. Sutton ordered a waffle with bacon and scrambled eggs.

When we got home, Daddy got to work hanging the swing. Sutton was so excited, he just couldn't wait.
But it was pretty bright out, so we had to get our sunglasses. I also made him wear his THREE shirt again because I figure we need to get as much use out of it as we can. :)
Good thing we have an awesome Daddy who can climb trees to hang tree swings.
At last!!!!!!
He spent a lot of time in that swing yesterday. After lunch, we all took a wonderful nap. Then we just chilled at home for awhile before we got ready to go out for dinner. We went to Noodles & Co. because they have mac n cheese WITH meatballs. He loves both of those things, so it was a win-win. Adam and I tried their salads and they were pretty good too.
After dinner, we went to a nearby nature park so that I could take Sutton's 3 year photos. I disguised it by bringing along a loaf of bread and telling him that we were there to feed the ducks and turtles.
As we were walking to the first photo spot, Sutton fell and re-scraped both his knees that were already scabbed from the last time that happened. So I had to book it back to the car and scour my purse and the car for wipes and bandaids. That put him in a bad mood and he was pretty pouty for our whole session. Harumph.
I will post the photos I took in another post, but at the end he got happy while we fed the turtles off a bridge. There were at least 50 turtles swimming around gobbling up our bread...it was crazy.
After we got home, I gave Sutton the one leftover piece of cake that I'd been promising him all day. I left him in his chair eating to go change into sweats, and I came back to a frosting-faced little 3-year-old. Love it.
Then it was off to bed for the birthday boy! He had kind of a hard day with lots of crying and a few time-outs, but he said he had a good birthday, so I hope he only remembers the good parts. Ha!





















No comments:
Post a Comment