Monday, August 19, 2013

Finding Out + Sonograms

We found out we were pregnant on June 18th, just a few days before Sutton's birthday. We'd decided I'd take the test that morning, so I woke up and took it while everyone else was still sleeping. The positive line showed up super super faint, you could only see it in the right light, but I'd always heard that no matter how light it was, it was a positive.

So I went into the bedroom, woke Adam, and said "I think I'm pregnant." We held each other for awhile and then went on with our day.

The next morning, I took another test and the line was a bit darker.

I took a third one the morning after that, and the line showed up even darker. I finally took a digital test on the third or fourth day.



We told Matt and Rachael that weekend because they came to town for Sutton's birthday party and I figured since they live out-of-town, this might be the only time either of us could share pregnancy news in person instead of over the phone. We had Sutton wear this shirt, and Rachael noticed right away.


Around 6 weeks, we told Sutton about the baby and he was SO excited. He still is. He's helped me get more used to the idea, actually. Shortly after, we told Adam's family with that same shirt. And then later that week, we told my parents with the shirt.

Five days before my first appointment (at around 9 weeks), I started bleeding. A lot. I was terrified. We were luckily able to get in for a sonogram that same day, and after all the nervousness and prayers, I saw this tiny little baby with a perfect heartbeat on the screen. Amazing.


Five days later, we went in for my regular appointment. These two weren't fans of our long wait. :)


We got a sonogram at that appointment too. This is Baby at 9.5 weeks.


The bleeding continued, so being the anxious person I am, I asked my doctor if I could have another sono around 11 weeks, and luckily they agreed.  So here's Baby at just over 11 weeks. Measuring right on track with a strong heartbeat.


I'll be 13 weeks this Wednesday, and I'm pretty excited to be starting the second trimester!

1 comment:

  1. I am so so soooo excited for you!! Love keeping up with your sweet little family. Ill be praying for you and that sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete