Thursday, September 10, 2009

So Much More...

Those of you who know me well, know I have a special place in my heart for dogs. Especially my own. They are so much more than just dogs. As Erin Vey put it so eloquently on her blog today:

"to many they are friends, companions, children, protectors, and healers."

Today, Erin posted an especially touching story. You can read the whole thing through an album she made by clicking here. Be prepared to cry if you're softie for dogs.

I know some may think its ridiculous, but I know our pain has definitely been eased a bit by having our dogs. They're always there, loyal, loving, eager to please, and so excited to see us. 

As we speak, I'm battling my big dog for use of the computer keyboard - I think it should be used for blogging...he thinks it's a good headrest. Which results in a lot of llllllllkkkkkilklllkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj's.

They make me laugh through my tears. They insist on belly rubs when I'm running late for work. Their tails wag so fast when I walk into a room.

I wish I could thank them.

Axl specializes in fitting his 100 pound body into the tiniest spaces, like in between Adam and me in bed. He's also perfected the if-I-lay-my-head-down-and-look-up-with-my-big-brown-eyes-I-can-look-really-cute-and-get-anything-I-want look.

Diesel's forte is burying his food in our bed (for us to find as we're trying to go to sleep), letting out huge sighs as if he has the toughest life (you just wouldn't believe...), and stealing his brother's food, bed, and toys (Axl doesn't even fight back, though he's 4 times Diesel's size).

They bring such joy to our life. 

1 comment: