Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Songs

So I know there are a lot of you out there who read my blog and don't comment. I don't blame you, I don't comment on other people's blogs very often either. But for those of you who do, YOU'RE AWESOME. I thought we'd have an interactive blog post today and see how it goes. It may be the last of it's kind if it totally fails. :)

What's your favorite Christmas song?

Mine has always been O Holy Night...I think because it was always my mom's favorite. It's just so beautiful. My guilty pleasure favorite is Baby, It's Cold Outside. You know, the duet one? Lindsey and I tried to sing the different parts one day in the car, but it didn't go well. It'd be fun to learn the whole thing. There's a version that Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson did, and I'm not afraid to admit that's my favorite one. We played it on repeat at the studio last year until everyone but me couldn't take it anymore.

So...what's yours?

8 comments:

  1. I'll play Gina :) I also enjoy Baby It's Cold Outside and This Christmas. I think they have both been remade about a hundred times though, but I don't have a favorite rendition or anything. ha I have had to listen to Christmas music at work since November 1st though, so I have to admit, it's a bit much (even of the songs I like). Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "6 White Boomers" for sure!
    Congrats on your baby news...so exited for you. You don't know me but I came across your blog from Jess Mac's (she doesn't know me either LOL). Anyway I've been following your story and I'm soooo happy for you. I'm pregnant too...due in August.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Holy Night, it is such a beautiful song. And Away in a Manger (only when the little pre-K's come out and sing it!) nothing more precious than that!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh - I'm torn between Winter Wonderland and White Christmas - oh and Silver Bells! My guilty pleasure is "I wanna Hippopotamus for Christmas"! :) Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is "Oh Come All Ye Faithful and Oh Holy Night. I too like the Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey song and have her Christmas CD. I might also have the Newlyweds DVDs :). We don't actually know each other but I found your blog through another blog. Congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definately Silent Night! I think that it puts everyone in such a quiet place to just listen to the beauty of Christmas...I alway love at Christmas eve services when they shut the lights off and light candles and everyone just sings that song...gives me chills and really makes me think about the night in the stable and how amazing it must have been even in the worst of circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm late...but at least it's not New Year's yet. My favorite is Carol of the Bells. Not sung by me.
    I also really love Baby, It's Cold Outside, I have a Christmas with the Rat Pack CD that it's on, and I just replay over and over.

    ReplyDelete