We left Friday evening after Adam was finished with school and drove 5 hours to Dallas to our hotel. Yesterday morning we slept in a little and had Texas-shaped waffles at the hotel. Should've gotten a picture of that. Then we drove over to the park where Adam's flying deal was, and he surprised a couple of his friends who didn't know he was coming. We'd brought along Adam's dad's GPS, so Adam gave me some money (which NEVER happens, thanks babe!) and I set off to go shopping. I found a gigantic mall in Grapevine. To give you an idea, their Forever 21 store was like the size of 1/2 a Dick's Sporting Goods. All the stores were super-sized. I spent way too long in Charlotte Russe (but got some really cute stuff!) and ran out of time since it was lunch. Adam wanted food and I was going to meet my friend Ginger (different Ginger from the one I work with) who lives in Ft. Worth for lunch.
Ginger has been really supportive through everything that happened this year. She and I met in May at the Kelly Moore photo conference thing we went to. We had a group of 8 photographers there, and they were all super cool. Facebook has allowed us to keep in touch, and when I made a comment on my status that we were coming to Texas, we made plans to have lunch. Ginger's been through a lot of the same stuff I have. We're both photographers, we both had miscarriages this spring. It was nice to talk to someone who's been through it and isn't afraid of stepping on your toes by saying the wrong thing. We ate way too many breadsticks and way too much salad at Olive Garden before saying goodbye. She even brought me some Christmas candy she made. Here's the one picture from the weekend, Ginger and I leaving the restaurant:

I went back to the park where Adam was around 2pm and read Harry Potter (I'm on the last book!) and took a nap in the car. Then we loaded up around 4 and headed home. Stopped in Oklahoma for pizza, yum, and got home around 10:30. It was a quick trip, but fun and well worth it. This morning we slept in and went out to breakfast at Jimmy's Egg. We've also already had a nap. I love weekends.
yay! Lunch was great! And yes, it was good just talking...yesterday was tough as I know tomorrow will be for you. Praying for you dear!
ReplyDelete