Friday, March 12, 2010

24 Weeks


How far along? 24 weeks
Weight gain: I don't want to talk about it.
Baby is the size of a(n): Ear of corn, foot-long hot dog
Food cravings/aversions: Loving oatmeal for breakfast lately. I don't know that I've really had any actual cravings. Maybe Dr. Pepper. But I always crave that. I've been eating a lot of salad for lunch, and I might be developing an aversion to that.
Sleeping: Not a fun time. I got sick this week, which has made it even worse because I couldn't breathe through my nose and had a really sore throat. Plus hip pain and back pain...I finally took some Tylenol PM one night, which helped, but I hate that medicated-drowsy feeling.
Milestones: I've been looking forward to this week for a long time! FINALLY, at 24 weeks...if baby was (God forbid) born now, there's a chance he'd be able to survive in the real world. It'd be a lot of hospital time, but this gives me some peace of mind even so!
Weird things I read online: His eyes and ears are fully developed, so he now has a sense of equilibrium and knows if he's upside down or right-side up. Though, he's running out of flipping room in there, so he'll probably just have to be content with kicking me (which he's doing a lot of). He weighs 1 1/3 pounds and will gain half a pound in the next week!
Interesting things that happened this past week/anticdotes: We had the super cool sonogram. I still haven't been able to play the video because the DVD we got won't work on a Mac. So Adam will have to mess with it on his school computer. I'm also having some near-constant back pain, so the heating pad has become my new best friend. But on the awesome side, I've seen my belly move on its own quite a few times. One night, Adam came in the house to find me sitting on the couch staring at my moving belly. He came over and poked Bentley and then Bentley poked him back!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED oatmeal for awhile too!! Glad to hear you are still doing ok, sorry to hear you got sick, yuck!!!

    ReplyDelete