Friday, March 5, 2010

Sick Puppy

Last night, Axl was sick. When I got home from work, both dogs were in the backyard, so they didn't come greet me at the door like usual. Adam said Axl was throwing up, so I could let them inside at my own peril.

I did.

There was peril.

So back outside he went. I brought him in awhile later to see if he could stomach some supper, and he kept taking individual pieces out of the bowl and putting them on the floor, not eating them. This is extremely strange for the big one...he usually snarfs down his supper before I'm even able to set down his dish. He drank some water, and then went to the back door and started crying. I let him out, and again, there was peril. It was loud too. Poor puppy's tummy probably hurt pretty bad.

After awhile longer outside, I let him back in. He finished his supper, and then went to lay in our bed. I put a pillow on his head (as you may remember, that's what he likes), covered him up, and cuddled with him for an hour or so, and he slept and was fine. We moved to the couch to watch some awesome Thursday night TV, where he slept under a blanket the rest of the evening.

We made it through the night with no more puking, er...I mean, peril!

This morning after Daddy left, he got in bed with me and slept hard. He didn't even wake me up for breakfast like normal. Here are a few of the positions I found him in.


No comments:

Post a Comment