Wednesday, June 23, 2010

39 Weeks - The End

I'm not going to be doing a 39 week update because really, not much has changed since last week as far as my little questionnaire goes. And we'll be taking a belly photo tonight before we go to the hospital, so that will be posted after he's here.

You read right...we're going to the hospital tonight instead of tomorrow morning. At my appointment yesterday, I hadn't changed any since last week...still 2cm dilated and 70% effaced, baby still hasn't dropped. So my doctor wanted to admit me tonight to start a drug that will soften my cervix, and then they'll start the pitocin tomorrow morning.

I'll be honest...I'm getting pretty nervous. I've never stayed in the hospital before, so I hope that it's not too big of a deal. I've also been told that the drug I'll be getting tonight can be very uncomfortable, and I had a dream about it last night and it was horrible. Plus, I have contractions to look forward to. I think it's mostly the fear of the unknown. While I kind of know what to expect with contractions since I had them with my miscarriage, I'm still nervous because at that time, I didn't realize that's what I was experiencing. Plus, I remember that they hurt horribly and my body felt like it was falling apart.

When I think about all that stuff, I get so anxious. But when I think about how I get to meet my son tomorrow...how I'll get to see Adam holding our little boy...I'm just so overcome with happiness. I can't believe it's finally happening. We get to be a little family of three! These last few weeks have gone so fast, and now it's time. It's so surreal...it feels like it's happening to someone else. And to think that women do this every day and having been doing so since the beginning of time...such a miracle doesn't seem like it should be so commonplace. God is good!

I don't know how updating the blog and facebook are going to go, but we will try! I'm sure you all are on pins and needles to find out his name. I know I've been kind of cruel, keeping you in the dark all these months. :) So sorry. Thanks in advance for your prayers for our family...as long as we deliver a healthy little baby, everything we've gone through will be so worth it. Thanks for being supportive and encouraging...we'll try to keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. Praying for yall girl!! Everything will be fine! I took pitocin and had no idea that it made your contractions more intense...kinda glad I didn't know because I thought it was all normal pain! The moment you see that precious boy your heart will melt and any pain will be worth it a hundred times over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is going to be great. God is in control!!! The unknown can be very scary and nerve racking, but it is all worth it. It is all very surreal, but so amazing! Praying for you and Adam as you become a family of 3 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a good night sleep for you and freedom from worry. What a delight it will be to meet your little guy in person! When you do, you'll forget all the other stuff. Blessings to you, Adam and your precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete