I can't tell you what a huge relief this is. I've been so worried about these last two weekends of weddings since I found out I was pregnant. Shooting a wedding (aka: being on my feet for at least 6 solid hours and carrying all my equipment) when 37 weeks pregnant is no easy task.
I'm also an over-worrier. So I tried to never use my pregnancy as an excuse to have people do things for me. My thought process was that, I have to shoot three weddings when I'm 9 months pregnant, so I think I can carry my own groceries, shoot an engagement session in 100-degree heat, walk a mile without a pee break, etc. Does that make any sense?
The looming weddings also made me ignore and "brush off" any random pains, pressure, or weird feelings I'd have in the night while tossing and turning. I'd think...that just CAN'T mean anything, I still have to work, so I just CAN'T have any complications.
I don't think I'm explaining this well. I guess I'm just trying to say that while I still had work to do, I couldn't allow myself to relax and just be pregnant and restful, focusing on what's best for the baby.
Now...I can!
So now...I'm totally ready to have this little boy. He can come out any time and we're ready. But in these last few weeks, I may try to transition into being a normal 9-month-pregnant-lady and make everyone wait on me hand and foot. Sounds pretty dang awesome. :)
Since posts are always better with photos...Adam and I (well really just me, Adam came along as a decoy) photographed a proposal on Friday afternoon at Botanica. It was so cool (though very hot). I'm not going to post any photos of the actual proposal here or on my other blog because the bride-to-be never found out I was there, and that was how the groom wanted it. He wants to surprise her with the photos later. But I got some pretty photos of flowers and my hott hubby, so I'll share those. :)




Enjoy your pre-Momma time, and DO let everyone wait on you for just a few days, if you can swing it. I know you will love being a Mommy! I'm glad for you AND for your brides (and their Moms!!)that you made it to the end. Blessings to you and yours! Kim Fritzemeier
ReplyDeletewww.kimscountyline.blogspot.com