Monday, January 24, 2011

Sutton { Seven Months }

On a much happier note...Sutton, you're 7 months old today! Our precious time with you is just flying by and...dare I say it...we're now on the downhill slope to ONE YEAR OLD. GASP!! I love you sweet baby boy!


For his monthly photo, I tried to get him to lay back like normal:


But he was being ornery as usual (can't you tell from that grin) and wanted to sit up like a big boy, so that's what we did!


It seems like you've done a lot of growing up this month! Sutton, at 7 months:

*You're sitting up! We still have to be careful where we set you because you tumble over pretty easy, but you're getting a lot better. I still haven't ventured to put you in the seat of a grocery cart, but we'll need to try soon because...

*You're 1 lb away from outgrowing your infant carseat. I weighed you last night and you're a little over 21 lbs and our carseat goes to 22 lbs. We also met a 2 year old this month who weighs 22 lbs. So you're as big as a tiny 2 year old. At 7 months. Oh my. I love my big baby, and you give me a workout, which is great. :)


*You roll over! Finally (on January 9th)! You took a little longer than most, but you're there now, and you're good at it. The first time took forever, with lots of coaxing, but after that, you were good to go. At first, you could only go from your back to your stomach, and you could only roll to your left. But you're now able to go from stomach to back, and you can roll on both sides.

*You've discovered your hands. Wow is that funny. You'll be going along and all of a sudden, you'll catch a glimpse of your hand and you'll get distracted and stare at it and move it all around like it's this alien limb that's not attached to your body.


*I always find you in odd positions in the morning. You're either completely sideways in your crib, or turned with your head at the wrong end, or you've gotten your arms completely out of your swaddle blanket. We finally purchased crib bumpers this week because your Daddy once found you with both arms and legs sticking through the crib slats after a nap.

*Lots of times you wake up from night time or a nap, and you don't cry. I either hear you grunting because you're trying to push yourself up, or I hear you scratching your sheets with your fingernails. You're kinda a weirdo.


*But...you've become a whinier kid than you used to be. You're still not too bad at home, but you're a pill at daycare. You cry unless you're being held there, and that ain't gonna work!

*You've developed the most hilarious fake sad face. I don't know how to describe it. It's like you screw your face up so your eyes are closed and your mouth is stretched completely out almost like a smile, but then you do your fake cry. I'll have to get a picture of it sometime. Sometimes I just let you fake cry for awhile because that face is so darn cute.

*You and Diesel are becoming good friends. He was always better with you than Axl. So that's a good thing. You love watching him and laugh when he plays with us. You like to pet him and are pretty good at not pulling his hair or ears (at least usually). He lets you pet him and likes to lick your hands and face.



*But often Diesel is done with you before you're done with him.

*You wear size 3 diapers, though we've had several leaks lately, so maybe we should go up a size. You wear size 9 month clothes. I bought you a size 36-48 month hat this week and it's too small. Sometimes I just don't know how to buy for you.

*You're into the grabbing phase. If we set you somewhere, you immediately grab everything in site and knock it over. Your favorite thing is when I'm getting ready in the morning and you get to sit on the bathroom counter in the Bumbo. You first knock over my bright red bottle of hairspray, then you go for the makeup bag. This morning, you got an empty conditioner bottle and my round brush before you went for the makeup.




"What? I wasn't doing anything."

*You get so confused by the mirror. You look at me, then you look at me in the mirror, and you just go back and forth.


*You looooove paper. It's the greatest invention ever. On most of your toys, you find the tags and play with them instead of the actual toy. When we're grocery shopping, I let you play with my list because it keeps you happier than your toys.

*You're SO cute.

*We hadn't done much with baby food since Christmas, but I decided that I needed to start feeding it to you consistently. So this morning, we tried squash, green beans, and bananas. I've decided that even if you make that face like it's-so-awful-and-why-are-you-torturing-me, that doesn't mean you don't like it, it just means that you're not used to it. Because you swallowed some, and were even opening your mouth for me. Though, then you'd close your mouth on the spoon and blow, making baby food fly back at me. So that was fun.

It's hard to take photos of the funny faces when I'm the one doing the feeding AND the picture taking. :)







*You jump CONSTANTLY. Even if whatever position you're in isn't conducive to jumping. Like last night, your Daddy was laying on his stomach on the couch, and I laid you on your stomach on his back. You started lunging repeatedly, trying to jump. You're so funny.

*You love being tickled and getting kisses on your face and neck.

*You love it when we get right your face and yell "SUTTTOOOOOOOOOOOON!"

*You're getting more hair! I combed it this week for the first time.

*You sweat. A lot.

*You love to babble, and sometimes we go back and forth and have conversations about nothing.

*One of your more annoying new things...when we're holding you like cradle style like a little baby, you like to straighten your entire body, especially when you're mad. No fun.

*You like to "clap" by patting your hand onto ours over and over. Sometimes you do it on your knee.

*Sometimes you are only happy if Mom or Dad is holding you. We've reached that stage.

And here's our monthly comparison!

Yesterday, I decided he might like a ride in the laundry basket. He didn't really notice or care. Maybe soon he'll enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. looks/sounds like he's taking after his Grandpa Funk...i was a "big boy from the git-go". Get ready for football practice! and wrestling. My mom says i waas usually a contented baby too.

    ReplyDelete