Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sutton's First Christmas { Part 4 - The Day After }

On the 26th, we headed back to Newton to celebrate Christmas with my Hiebert grandparents. My family is very small (especially in comparison to Adam's) since my mom is an only child, which I love because we're all pretty close. We had an amazing lunch, prepared by my Grandma Norma before we opened gifts, watched football, and played Jenga and Scrabble Slam.

Adam and Sutton waiting to eat.

Michael and Sara gave Sutton this fun book with lots of textures on Christmas Eve. We play with it all the time, it's his favorite book now!

 Sutton got help from his Great-Grandma in opening the gift from her and Great-Grandpa.

He decided he'd rather eat the wrapping paper.


A phone! All the buttons make noise and it says "Hello!" and "Goodbye!" when you open and close it. This has become Sutton's favorite toy, we play with it every night. I think it's because he's actually able to press the buttons...a lot of the toys we have that make noise he can't quite do on his own yet.



Dad got these handy leaf picker-uppers.

Sutton lost his pants somewhere along the way...

And then we took a group photo right before we left!Sutton doesn't really understand the timer on a camera.

And I've found that I always get a picture of Sutton with his Great-Grandpa Melvin during each holiday. A tradition that we'll have to keep alive for years to come!

Sutton's first Christmas was wonderful, and we enjoyed so much having a baby during the holiday season! I just keep looking ahead to next year, wondering what his personality will be like and how fun it will be when he actually realizes what's going on! For now, we just try to soak in the stage he's at because it all goes way to fast, and I know we'll want these baby months back. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

(Just as a side note...I photographed a wedding on New Year's Eve and didn't get to our party til about 10:45pm, so I have no photos to document those festivities with our lovely small group. Suffice it to say, it was a super fun hour and 15 minutes of celebrating, and we were thankful to be able to stay out while Sutton slept peacefully in a guest room just feet away! We probably won't be able to do that next year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment