On Monday morning, Sutton and I paid a little visit to his doctor. I just wanted to get the bruises around his eyes looked at, and we also ended up having some blood drawn just to make sure everything was normal. Here's my big man before his exam...he was in heaven surrounded by all that paper.
I ended up taking him off the table as soon as I was done taking these photos because he was crumpling it and squealing so loud that I figured everyone wondered what was going on in there.
After doing a full exam, she said he looked very healthy (and he weighed an even 22 lbs with his clothes on). The blood draw was a little traumatic. I had to sit holding him in the chair that has the padded arm that comes down and I distracted him with a toy while one nurse held his arm down and another poked him with the needle. His face screwed up and he let out a cry when it happened...he calmed down pretty fast, but then it was like he kept remembering what just happened and he would let out random cries for the next couple minutes. They wrapped his arm in a bandage and I left it on til Adam got home that evening so he could see how pathetic looking it was.
I got the results the next day...everything was normal except a platelet count was elevated which just pointed to him having something viral. He's been a bit congested for the past few weeks, but it's been barely noticeable. I'm hoping that's all it is. We're going back in two weeks to have more blood drawn just to make sure everything's going back to normal.


Gina, just so you don't feel "alone." Lo has those same dark circle/bruises under her eyes, esp under her right. She has had it since birth. It freaked me out too. But my doc assured me it was nothing. We keep an eye on it but I think she just has thin skin like me and her great grammy. Anyways, not to say you shouldn't keep an eye on it, but hopefully it continues to be nothing but cosmetic!
ReplyDeleteAnd drawing blood from a baby is the worse! We have had that done twice now too. It is way more traumatic for me than shots!
Rogan does the exact same thing at the doctor...only he eats the paper! Glad to hear it doesn't appear to be anything serious. Rogan has to have blood drawn this week again to check his triglycerides...they were 574 when he had mono...99 is supposed to be the highest! Love the naked pics at the top...those fat little legs are so precious! Oh...and Sutton weighs more than Rogan!!
ReplyDelete