Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sutton { Eight Months }

Baby boy is eight whole months! Get ready for an overload of photos because it was just so nice out yesterday.


Sutton, at eight months:

-You weigh around 22 lbs and are in size 3 diapers. 9-12 month clothes fit best.

-Baby food is now part of our daily routine, but we're just getting to the point where we're actually replacing meals of milk with it. Mommy's body is still trying to get used to that...


-You love screens on our phones and iPods. If we're using them and you can't see, you crane your neck around trying to look, as if to say, "Can I see, please?"

-You're a pro at sitting up and rolling over.


-You've just started reaching your arms out when you want to be picked up. Melts Mommy's heart.

-You may have been able to recognize us for awhile, but you're finally showing it. You get so excited when Mommy or Daddy comes home from work...you react with your entire body, squealing and smiling and flailing the arms and bouncing up and down.


-Sometimes your hair looks really red. Other times it looks completely blonde. I'm so curious to see what color it turns out to be!

-You're taking around 3 naps each day: morning, afternoon, and night. Sometimes I take a nap with you, but usually that's when I try to get things done.


-When we open the car door to get you out of your carseat, you try to sit forward and reach out to us to get you out. You're such a helper.

-You still love paper. That's so weird.

-You normally poop once each morning, and it always happens when I set you in your swing so I can eat breakfast. I now call that your poop chair.


-You love when we sing you silly songs, make funny faces, and wiggle you all around. We have a few songs that are "ours" such as How Funky is Your Chicken and the Sutton Song.

-You're not good at reading books. I try to read to you and you grab the pages and don't let me turn them.

-We're trying to start having you sleep unswaddled at night. It's been going good. You are to the point where you wriggle out of the swaddle blanket almost immediately, so it's not really serving a purpose anymore. In the past week, we've had two nights where you've slept 11.5 hours without waking up...I still had to get up to pump, but I'm sure this is the start of something amazing.


-You love being "thrown" onto a pillow on our bed (thrown meaning dropped from about 3 inches) and then pulled by your feet towards us. It's a weird game that you just can't get enough of.

-You still love bath time and have started playing with toys during it. We've just about outgrown your tub so we might have to start using the real bathtub soon. You like when I put lotion on your face after the bath, and then we always have to stop and look at your beautiful face in the mirror before we go get dressed. You always reach out to yourself in the mirror and smile.


-You love patting things, I guess you're just trying to figure it all out by touching everything. You also like to flail your arms up and down. A lot.

-You're really great at hitting yourself in the face with toys.


-When you're tired, you rub your eyes like crazy.

-You had blood drawn on Monday and didn't even cry when they poked you! You only whined a tiny bit because we were holding you down. I was so proud.


-You love to smile. Even at strangers.

-You're still a jumper! Mommy's arms are made of steel.

-This is the face you revert to when you're concentrating really hard. Bottom lip sucked in, looking down intently, chubby cheeks at their chubbiest.


-You and Diesel are BFFs. You get so excited whenever you see him. Especially if he's running past you. He makes you light up. Unfortunately, Diesel's not always in a Sutton mood. Sometimes he leaves and you just stare longingly after him.






I love this next series. This is totally how it is when Diesel tries to get Sutton to play with him. He randomly found a corn cob in our backyard and I guess it's the best toy ever. He brought it over to Sutton and dropped it on his lap...

"Okay, throw it! I'm ready!"

"Uh...hello? Why aren't you throwing it?"

"Fine! I'll just lick your face."

I'M CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!

Looking more and more like a little boy and not a baby! You're dangerously close to breaking my heart with your superhuman-rapid-growing!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Avery's swing is Sutton's poop chair... oh the stories to tell the grandchildren :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest baby ever. I seriously can't get over it! Thanks for always warming my heart, Sutton!

    ReplyDelete