Sutton did really well in the car. On the way there, we drove 3 hours with no stops, and he didn't cry at all. On the way home, we had one stop where I got him out of his seat for about 5 minutes, but he still didn't cry ever. I think it helped that both ways we were driving at night, and no one was sitting in the back seat with him. If one of us would've been back there, he probably would've been whining to be held.
We arrived Friday night and stayed up late talking. Saturday morning, we got up early (thanks, Sutton), and had TWO amazing breakfasts! Rachael was intent on making these homemade cinnamon rolls that took quite awhile because you made the dough from scratch (totally out of my realm of expertise), so meanwhile, we had breakfast #1 of scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, sourdough bread, strawberries, oranges, and orange juice.
Sutton playing on the floor, waiting patiently for breakfast.
Matt and Rachael working diligently in the kitchen.
Adam took this one. He's such a good little photographer...I've even taught him to shoot on manual!
Breakfast #1. Isn't it pretty? And the gorgeous morning light streaming in...yum.
That's normal.
Rachael found some goo in his ear. I love picking at his ears, so I went and took care of it right away, don't worry. :)
Breakfast #2 a couple hours later. Homemade cinnamon rolls with homemade cream cheese frosting. I can't describe the amazingness. I want another five one right now.
The above photo + this one = heaven. Rachael and I are both huge milk drinkers...she buys two gallons at a time, which I've been thinking about starting to do even though I'm the only one who drinks it at our house. Ever since I was pregnant, I just crave milk....at least it's a healthy thing to crave!
After the second breakfast, the boys headed to a monster truck rally at the Sprint Center. Rachael, Sutton, and I hung out on the couch all day napping, playing, talking, and watching tv. Good times.
Sutton and Rachael playing. They love each other. :)
The guys came home and we hung out awhile longer at the house, Matt and Rachael tried to get in a bunch of Sutton-schnuggling since they don't see him a ton.
Matt wore Sutton out, so he got to hold him during nap time. Matt really perfected the butt-pat. He'll be a good dad.
"I gotta take a picture of my husband cuddling with my best friend."
I was about to say "All four of us," but there's FIVE of us now! Weird. Rachael really wanted Sutton to be a part of the group photo even though he was sleeping.
After that photo, we headed to the always wonderful Chic-fil-A for supper (where Sutton destroyed their centerpiece) and then after hugs, we headed home. Love you guys, thanks for everything!












No comments:
Post a Comment