I'd usually be at work today (a Thursday), but unfortunately I'm home with a sick baby. I've caught a little of it too, so maybe it's a good thing for us to both lay low today. Our studio is having a booth in the Women's Fair this weekend (come visit us!), so I need to be 100% for that.
Anyways...
Monday was our first Valentine's as a family of three! We are one of those silly couples who tries to go all out on Valentine's Day to do something fun and sweet to celebrate our love. Some of our past Valentine's include a slow dance at the top of a silo on our very first (click on the category to the right called 'love story' to find out more about that), and spending an entire day in bed cuddling, eating, watching movies, etc. :) which was amazing.
This time of year, we are on a tight budget since it's my slow season. 2011 has especially hit us hard with the addition of a kiddo. SO we did Valentine's super cheap this year. Adam and I each had ideas that we didn't tell each other, and luckily they didn't conflict with each other. My part was free, and his cost about $20. Sweet!
To start out, when Adam got home from work, the house was dark and I'd made a trail of rose petals (I used the silk ones that we had in storage from our wedding) and candles from the front door where he walked in, to the kitchen where I was standing holding Sutton. Both Sutton and I were all dressed up (I had on a dress and even heels!) just for our husband and Daddy. I had an iTunes playlist of "our" songs playing and a wedding photo up on our giant iMac screen that he could see.
Since we were all dressed nice, I decided a Valentine's family photo was in order.
Then Adam made me take Sutton downstairs because he was cooking me dinner. Woohoo! He wanted it to be a surprise, so the baby and I went and cuddled on the couch downstairs in our nice clothes. After awhile, the smell from the kitchen started wafting down there, and it was wonderful. Finally, it was ready, so we headed up. Adam had found a recipe and had made ravioli (one of my faves that we've never made ourselves!), asparagus (another first), and a box of chocolates. He'd also poured our favorite sodas in wine glasses (we don't drink, so this is as good as it gets for us). YUM!
After dinner, the boys played while I cleaned up a bit. Then we headed downstairs and....
finished off the night with some Redbox. :) Happy Valentine's!







No comments:
Post a Comment