Sunday, March 27, 2011
Boy Flavored Soup
Today we had lunch at my grandparents house to celebrate my Grandpa Melvin and Grandma Norma's birthdays. Grandma brought out a bunch of toys for Sutton in this tin. It was the perfect fit for Sutton baby.
And I came up with another recipe I have to share. It's easy, healthy, and tasty. I've had it twice this week and I'm not sick of it. We'll call it:
Chicken & Veggies in Foil
-tear off a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil
-slice boneless, skinless chicken breast into pieces and lay on foil
-season with your favorite spices (I used some chicken seasoning that's Emeril brand)
-slice a potato (yes Mom, I bought a potato) into smallish pieces and put on top of chicken
-season again (I just used salt and pepper)
-add a layer of baby carrots and a little more S&P
-fold foil into closed packet and place on cookie sheet
-put in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes chicken side down, flip and cook for another 15 minutes
-ENJOY!
I'm sure you could do all kinds of variations using whatever veggies you have in your house. It'd probably be good with fish too (though we don't eat fish because SOMEBODY who will remain nameless doesn't like it), and they'd probably be good cooked on the grill in the summer time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



hhmmmmm...cream of sutton soup?!?!?
ReplyDeleteLove the new recipe/cooking section, Gina! Will you write about how to make and season the dried kale you mentioned on FB?
ReplyDeleteGlad you like it, Kerri! I'm such a horrible cook... I figure if I find things I can make, it's newsworthy. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't actually make those kale chips, my friend Jaclyn did...here's a link to the post on her blog about them: http://www.rawintheta.com/?p=96
If you don't have a dehydrator, you can also bake them and just season them with whatever seasonings you like.