Unfortunately, this post won't have as many photos as in the past. Baby's not in the greatest of moods, as you'll see...
We started out happy with a toy and pacifier, but Mama didn't want those in the photo...
...it was the end of the world.
Okay. Pacifier in mouth. Happy again. Whew.
Sutton at 9 months:
*You are still our gigantic baby! Not sure yet of the stats because your appointment isn't until next week, but my arms are sure feeling it. You're bigger than most 2 year olds we meet.
*Consequently, you're wearing 12-18 month size clothes for the most part. It's still so hard to shop for you. Many of the smaller onesies fit you everywhere but are too short. Others would fit fine, but won't go over your head.
*I think your hair is looking more and more red!
*Your eyes are beautiful brown, I love them. Just like your Daddy's.
*No teeth yet, but I think we're getting there. Sometimes you throw tantrums while we're feeding you baby food, but yet you still want to eat, so the only thing I can think is that it hurts when the spoon touches your gums.
*No crawling yet, but just in the past few days, you've started getting up on all fours and rocking. You've been able to scoot backwards a few times. Rolling around gets you all over the place though. I'm definitely not able to put you on the bed or your changing table or a couch without watching you anymore.
*You say "da da da." It's the best thing. Sometimes you whisper it, sometimes you yell it. When I try to get you to say "ma ma," you stare at my lips intently, but then say "da da" again. That's okay, I'm fine with that for now. We're still working on getting you to use that in reference to your dad.
*You love going on walks and have officially graduated to sitting in the stroller upright and facing forward.
*During the day, you switch off every other meal: baby food, then nursing, baby food, nursing, repeat. That's nice because it gives me more flexibility and I don't have to pump so much while I'm at work.
*You still nurse 1-2 times during the night. Not sure at what point we're going to cut you off.
*You wear size 3 diapers.
*You're definitely a Mama's boy. Sometimes it's like you can't survive when I'm not there and you just cry and cry. Sigh.
*You're also a Daddy's boy (it's possible to be both, right?). You reach for him when I'm holding you and he walks up to us, and you love touching his beard. He makes you laugh more than anyone else. I love you two together!
*You're babbling so much more these days. It's real cute. You've even "talked" a couple times in your sleep.
*Your poop is solid. I've had a real hard time with this. Seriously. Being a mom is weird.
*YOU GRAB EVERYTHING!
*You like to pull down your crib bumpers so you can see through the slats when you wake up.
*I'm pretty sure you have allergies. So sad.
*You love being outside, we go on lots of walks.
*You still love Diesel. He....endures you. And sometimes likes you. :)
*You still love jumping.
*You still love paper. Those free Wheels for You magazines from Dillons are great.
I decided we needed a photo together since we don't have many. My hair is in the gross growing-it-out stage, so please disregard. :)
And here's our monthly comparison! Only three more months til you're 1! We won't be doing monthly updates after that, but I haven't decided for sure what we'll start doing. We'll see.







gosh it is so hard to believe how fast they grow. He is a cutie!
ReplyDelete