Sunday, July 24, 2011

13 Months

I found myself uttering a phrase today that was a first for me:

"You have a booger in your eyebrow!"

I cannot tell you how much I love that little boy. Snot and boogers used to be the death of me. They still are when they're on other people's kids. But Sutton's boogers are sweet. Lol.

I said I'd stop the monthly updates at a year, so this isn't technically an update, but he needed some updated photos and it just happens to be the 24th of the month, so...

 Old Man Face #1 (He has a few of these, though no more show up in today's photos.)

I think he looks like me in this photo! Such a rarity...




We even made a visit to the old stompin' grounds where we used to take his monthly photo. Oh, the drool.


I was trying to get a photo of him standing by himself so that you all have proof, but he was sad and mad that I set him down. 

Still sad.

Still mad.

Okay, done.

Checking out the rain. We had a short rainstorm this afternoon. I was in Walmart so I have no idea what actually happened at our house, but there are huge puddles in the street, part of our fence is down, and the power went out.


He pulls up on everything these days. Nothing is safe anymore.

Here we have the cheerleader pose.


Finally got one to show off the standing! Hooray Sutton!

Other things I want to remember about this age:

*Sutton's favorite food is goldfish. He could probably eat an entire bag in one sitting. And he tends to always smell like goldfish too.

*Aside from pulling up on everything, he also walks along furniture and walks if you hold his hand. I'm convinced he could walk by himself but he thinks crawling is so much faster!

*He loves wrestling. Sutton and Adam will wrestle and he just laughs and laughs.

*The hair is getting a little unruly but I'm still not ready to cut it.

*He eats a TON, plays real hard, and sleeps a lot. We're at 2-3 naps per day, which seems like a lot, but I guess he's just growing.

*Airplanes are his fave. Real ones, toy ones. Toys that AREN'T airplanes still get flown around in the air with plane noises.

*Since the 1st birthday, there have been lots of tantrums. Almost once a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I kinda maybe associate it with him missing nursing? It seems to be getting better lately. Who knows.

*The top two teeth are coming in!

*We left him for the first time overnight last night and both he and we did just fine! It's a little freeing. :)

1 comment:

  1. oh don't stop the monthly updates. Every month still until their 2nd birthday they grow leaps and bounds just like in the first year. Sometimes I feel like I may "bore" people with all the updates, but it is my blog and my memories, without doing the posts I quickly forget. Anyway that is my two cents. He is so cute. Happy 13 months!

    ReplyDelete